• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Plans Scaled Down..

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
In todays echo it reports the Fossetts Plans have been scaled down..

The club have reduced the number of flats on the site from 127 to 67 and the retail floorspace has been reduced from 22855 sq ft to 16400 sq ft.

No surprise really, this should put to bed any concerns residents and councillors have about Fossetts Farm affecting the town centre trade.

Clever move by Ron if you ask me, I can see the green light in the distance...

;) :D

In todays echo it reports the Fossetts Plans have been scaled down..

The club have reduced the number of flats on the site from 127 to 67 and the retail floorspace has been reduced from 22855 sq ft to 16400 sq ft.

No surprise really, this should put to bed any concerns residents and councillors have about Fossetts Farm affecting the town centre trade.

Clever move by Ron if you ask me, I can see the green light in the distance...

;) :D

Though that will mean less revenue mate

Though that will mean less revenue mate

True, but I think Ron deliberately planned too many flats and floorspace in the first instance, knowing full well he would have to reduce it, so when he was asked to scale down, it wouldn't really effect the plans/finances and makes it look like he is taking into account everyones opinions..

Clever man is our Ron.

True, but I think Ron deliberately planned too many flats and floorspace in the first instance, knowing full well he would have to reduce it, so when he was asked to scale down, it wouldn't really effect the plans/finances and makes it look like he is taking into account everyones opinions..

Clever man is our Ron.

Agreed, our Ron is a clever man and I'm sure the original number of flats/floor space was beefed up to allow for this reduction.

Roll on the Public Inquiry!

That's quite a big reduction, although I'm sure Ron knows what he's doing.
This can only help us get a green light for the project.

if he reduces the number of flats, can he not just make them all a big bigger, say for example, instead of having 127, 1 and 2 bed flats, have 67, 2 and 3 bed flats... thus increasing overall market value of these 67 flats?

I thought everything had the green light at the local planning stage and the P.I. hasn't started, so who/why the scaling down?

Ron's probably just doing his best to ensure the project goes through OK. IIRC one of the conditions Rochford imposed when the passed the plans was that we abide by the decision of the Secretary of State...

if he reduces the number of flats, can he not just make them all a big bigger, say for example, instead of having 127, 1 and 2 bed flats, have 67, 2 and 3 bed flats... thus increasing overall market value of these 67 flats?

Exactly dave, Ron said " We have reduced the overall number of homes, but we have increased the size of some to meet market conditions"..

He knows exactly what he is doing.

Its an old argument but i would prefer to see the ground scaled down to 15000

That is indeed an old chestnut. Every time Col Ewe's new 10,000 seater ground is mentioned the thread is ripe with derisive comments about the lack of ambition as it's only 3,000 seats bigger than their current "stadium".

RH has a capacity of 12k so surely if we made the ground 15k you could say the same about us. We sold out a fair bit when we were in the championship so I'd say 20-odd thousand is the right starting point.

That is indeed an old chestnut. Every time Col Ewe's new 10,000 seater ground is mentioned the thread is ripe with derisive comments about the lack of ambition as it's only 3,000 seats bigger than their current "stadium".

RH has a capacity of 12k so surely if we made the ground 15k you could say the same about us. We sold out a fair bit when we were in the championship so I'd say 20-odd thousand is the right starting point.
Indeed, if we got promoted back to the CCC then having 20,000 is a good size. I feel it might be a little over the top in this division but it's easier to build now instead of having to build now, then re-do it to put more in. That would be more expensive too.

can't see if this has been mentioned anywhere else. but the date of september 25th has been set for the public hearing at the civic centre for 16 days.

Back