• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Play for your Club - IN THE CHAMPION'S LEAGUE!

Shrimp in a Kilt

Coming second in the Premiership means no day off tomorrow - it's now European Cup Competition. This is a straight head to head knockout. At 10:00am the competition opens, and you select your club. You select Southend (unless you are Maisie) and start playing. What is different is that you can't see how well or badly your team is doing. The scores are only revealed at the end of the match, so all you can do is post score after score and hope your opponents are one of the duff teams from Scandinavia! Another difference is that you have to enter one of those Code in a Funky Box thingies to validate every score.

Click Here to start.

PS ignore the instruction about choosing a Premiership Striker - the list that appears is the Clubs in Europe.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCHUTTON @ Jan. 11 2007,02:15)]erm can only pick one team
Yup, because it is currently showing the winner of the last competition. It will be reset with all the teams by tomorrow morning - if not, it will be a very short tournament!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 11 2007,09:05)]Argh - can't use keys!  I'm no good at it when using the mouse...

sad.gif
This is Europe now Matt - You must learn to Love zee Mowse!

I'm ok with the balls from the left, but where is best for the balls from the right. I have only scored a couple of deflected goals from the right hand side. Any tips?

We should win this one, but we will have no chance against some of the other clubs.

If you can get used to the mouse, you have much more control because you can vary the speed at which Ian Benjamin moves across the screen by how far away from him you move the mouse pointer.

Balls from the right you have to hit early, but it is just a case of practice and "hit and hope". To balance it you only need 30K for the first penalty, and you do get a lot of flukey goals from the two defenders on the left!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 11 2007,11:09)]If you can get used to the mouse, you have much more control because you can vary the speed at which Ian Benjamin moves across the screen by how far away from him you move the mouse pointer.

Balls from the right you have to hit early, but it is just a case of practice and "hit and hope". To balance it you only need 30K for the first penalty, and you do get a lot of flukey goals from the two defenders on the left!
Ian Benjamin! my player is more like Billy Paynter at the moment
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ Jan. 11 2007,11:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 11 2007,11:09)]If you can get used to the mouse, you have much more control because you can vary the speed at which Ian Benjamin moves across the screen by how far away from him you move the mouse pointer.

Ian Benjamin! my player is more like Billy Paynter at the moment
laugh.gif
So scoring for fun then!

wink.gif

Relax, everyone. I've just found out where we can check the score, and Malmo have only posted 300k to our 3M. Get ready for the next round!

Ooops! I've cocked up here - the first round is a 24 hour affair - it doesn't finish until 10:00am tomorrow. It's after that that it goes to two hour rounds! Sorry!

blush.gif

Malmo came 5th in their league, with 12m points over 3 days. Not exactly prolific...

If you want to be impressed/depressed, have a look at

This Page

to see some impressive individual top scores - 449600
rock.gif
How the hell can anyone score like that?

i never thought i would hear me say this but us, darlington and hull are the ones flying the flag for england in europe!

Got a good 14 mill lead...the DON playin for fiorentina seems pretty damn good though...

We will win this match easy, saving myself for the 2nd round now.

Will be really tough especially if we get Moenchengladbach they have scored over 100,000,000 and still going for it against Chelsea even though they have a lead of 80,000,000.

Back