• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
Ok fair enough you can all blame me for jinxing our run in but as I'm often away in May I've had to take a look to see when the play-offs are scheduled in case we manage to get that far

Not sure if its already been mentioned but the League 1 final is a week earlier this year - on 20th May - as FA Cup Final is the following weekend - hence the earlier finish to the season

I can't find any dates for the semis but if it followed previous seasons patterns ( and of course it may not if the other semis are a week later) then we're looking at the first weekend in May for Leg 1 and the following Thursday /Friday for Leg 2

If anyone has any more detail on these I'll be much obliged

Sounds like he's feeling optimistic, which is great to hear! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Ok fair enough you can all blame me for jinxing our run in but as I'm often away in May I've had to take a look to see when the play-offs are scheduled in case we manage to get that far

Not sure if its already been mentioned but the League 1 final is a week earlier this year - on 20th May - as FA Cup Final is the following weekend - hence the earlier finish to the season

I can't find any dates for the semis but if it followed previous seasons patterns ( and of course it may not if the other semis are a week later) then we're looking at the first weekend in May for Leg 1 and the following Thursday /Friday for Leg 2

Usually not confirmed until right at the end of the season, but around those dates would be the best guess.

I booked a holiday from the 27th May for a week because I didn't think (last June when I booked it) that we would make the play offs this season. Lately I've started to panic a bit, not realising that the final will be the week earlier...

Likewise, I also booked a 10 day holiday in Crete for over that period, annoyingly I am back mid week so if it was a week later as usual, I would have been able to make it.

May 20th is also the date of my 40th birthday, & I think the first time Southend United has ever played on my actual birthday?
So if we do manage to get to Wembley for the final, I trust that Phil and lads do the decent thing and give me the best present of the day with a comfortable win and promotion to the Championship!

Likewise, I also booked a 10 day holiday in Crete for over that period, annoyingly I am back mid week so if it was a week later as usual, I would have been able to make it.

May 20th is also the date of my 40th birthday, & I think the first time Southend United has ever played on my actual birthday?
So if we do manage to get to Wembley for the final, I trust that Phil and lads do the decent thing and give me the best present of the day with a comfortable win and promotion to the Championship!
Friday 20th May 1983 v West Ham United for Alan Moody's Testimonial.
We have actually played a normal league game on that date but well before you were born on 20th May 1963 v Crystal Palace.

My flight back is booked for the 19th. Don't ****ing let me down boys.

O
Comfortable win? I'd rather a 93rd minute equaliser and win on pens anyways.

Friday 20th May 1983 v West Ham United for Alan Moody's Testimonial.
We have actually played a normal league game on that date but well before you were born on 20th May 1963 v Crystal Palace.

That's educational. Thanks UTS.

I researched that for hours in another thread a couple months ago. Although sadly, I have never witnessed a professional competitive Southend United game on my birthday!. (My first game was from the Cadette ere of late 1986)

On the plus side, technically... I do have a 100% proffesional win record on this day and please don't say I equally have a 0% win record.. It's my big day embracing (kicking & screaming).. being "middle aged"!!!.... after all.. I don't think my heart could take it! :nope:

I dont know is this is accurate, but the Telegraph has the play off semis as being between the 4th-10th May
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2017/01/01/2017-sporting-calendar-key-dates-event-planner/

Back