• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Play off final

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
Hooper straight back in to the starting line up.

Whitbread & Harris passed fit for Millwall.

Have mixed feelings on who I want to win this one. I hate Millwall but if they go up we would get rid of them and we wouldn't have a trip to their horrible place next season.

If Hooper is in L1 next season there could be more chance of him moving on OR having a blinder today, tears Millwall apart, single handedly wins the game for them, putting himself firmly in the shop window and moving for £2-3m and we pick up a nice little sell on.

Should be a good game.

Come on Scunny!

Why? Millwall will be a good outfit next season if they stay down. They have a great manager with a remarkable record at this level and a good squad that won't be picked apart should they stay here.

Scunthorpe, if they stay down, will lose their main goal threat (And, in doing so, landing us with a hefty sum) and will not be anywhere near as strong as Millwall would be.

Why? Millwall will be a good outfit next season if they stay down. They have a great manager with a remarkable record at this level and a good squad that won't be picked apart should they stay here.

Scunthorpe, if they stay down, will lose their main goal threat (And, in doing so, landing us with a hefty sum) and will not be anywhere near as strong as Millwall would be.

...and we generally get points off Scunthorpe.

I am not sure if Jackett has a remarkable record at this level, decent yes but remarkable no. One play off final with Swansea which they lost to Barnsley, and a second one which he may well lose against Millwall.

Millwall also were very lucky in both our games this year, we should have won at the New Den and we were defeated by a combination of the weather and the ref at Roots Hall.

...and we generally get points off Scunthorpe.

I am not sure if Jackett has a remarkable record at this level, decent yes but remarkable no. One play off final with Swansea which they lost to Barnsley, and a second one which he may well lose against Millwall.

Took Swansea to within penalty kicks of promotion from this level.

Took a poor Millwall side, relegation threatened last season, to near automatic promotion and the Play off final with next to no money.

There's only 1 other manager with a similar record at this level, and that's Tilson.

Millwall also were very lucky in both our games this year, we should have won at the New Den and we were defeated by a combination of the weather and the ref at Roots Hall.

I wasn't very impressed with Millwall or Scunthorpe for that matter this season, just shows on there day anyone can beat anyone.

Took Swansea to within penalty kicks of promotion from this level.

Took a poor Millwall side, relegation threatened last season, to near automatic promotion and the Play off final with next to no money.

There's only 1 other manager with a similar record at this level, and that's Tilson.

Or Nigel Adkins who has managed one promotion and may yet manage another.

Incidentally Jackett didn't last long at Swansea after their play off defeat, but thats' the nature of football management.

3-2 Scunny.

Because I hate their scummy club and I hate their scummy fans - and I don't buy into the theory that Hooper will be off, he's not Nicky Bailey.

Scummy club? They do more work in the community than 95% of professional football clubs.

Scummy fans? Now you're just enforcing a stereotype enforced by scenes from the past. Every club has a hooligan element, We do, Millwall do, Accrington Stanley do. It's part and parcel of assembling large numbers of people together.

And, should Scunthorpe not go up, Hooper will be off.

Back