• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Play-Offs

EastStandBlue

Life President
Absolutely monumental match-up coming up as the Tic's come up against who I consider to be the favourites for the crown this season, the Cav's.

Back when the Tic's won two years ago, they done a pretty good job of keeping LeBron quiet but, that was two years ago. KG is two years older while LBJ is two years more experienced and he's a freak of nature.

Have to admit, I was surprised how short work they made Miami look... I thought Wade would cause them real problems and I hope they can do the same against LeBron on Saturday, but I just don't see it, the man's a monster.

I'd love to see Oklahoma take the Lakers to Game 7 tonight.

I really fancied Miami for that series with Boston; from much I had read the Tics appeared to have given up on the season and Rasheed Wallace in particular was a disgrace. Still, fair play to them beating a Heat team who finished the season very strongly. As you say though, it'll be something else to get past LeBron and the Cavs, who are 2/9 favourites.

If San An can beat Dallas tonight to seal the series, then my 12/1 on them winning the Championship won't look quite so bad as it did a few weeks ago.

But of course it's all about my Bucks, one game away from their first Eastern Semis since 2001. Fear The Deer!

I really fancied Miami for that series with Boston; from much I had read the Tics appeared to have given up on the season and Rasheed Wallace in particular was a disgrace. Still, fair play to them beating a Heat team who finished the season very strongly. As you say though, it'll be something else to get past LeBron and the Cavs, who are 2/9 favourites.

If San An can beat Dallas tonight to seal the series, then my 12/1 on them winning the Championship won't look quite so bad as it did a few weeks ago.

But of course it's all about my Bucks, one game away from their first Eastern Semis since 2001. Fear The Deer!

Have you seen the Bango the Buck stunt from Game 4? Awesome.

I'm pretty sure I watched King James do that last week, only without the ladder.

Game 4 at The Garden tonight, Cavs leading 2-1 after LBJ lit up Game 3. With him in that kind of form, I can't see past Cleveland to take it all.

Who was that guy wearing 23 for the Cavs last night and what had he done with LeBron James? 3 for 14 shooting, more bricks than a hod-carriers convention, simply horrible.

Not going to be easy for the Cavs to progress now, as much as I'm not overly keen on the Celtics. Could be Orlando's year this year. Hopefully the Cavs going out at this stage could see LeBron in a Knicks uniform come July (please, please, please, please, please!!).

Who was that guy wearing 23 for the Cavs last night and what had he done with LeBron James? 3 for 14 shooting, more bricks than a hod-carriers convention, simply horrible.

Tell me about it... I've got the ESPN App for my iPhone which forwards me the scores as soon as they're through, so I usually wake up to them. After Game 3 and LeBron's 38 points I expected the Tics to be out of this sharpish, but the last two games he's been distinctly ordinary and I've been woken up in shock. He did this last year though... Looked amazing and then dipped almost inexplicably, could be fatigue, could be the pressure of holding up his four team mates for large parts of the game, who knows.

As an aside, as poor as LeBron has been, How good is Rondo? He's been nothing short of spectacular.

Not going to be easy for the Cavs to progress now, as much as I'm not overly keen on the Celtics. Could be Orlando's year this year. Hopefully the Cavs going out at this stage could see LeBron in a Knicks uniform come July (please, please, please, please, please!!).

At this stage of his career, you've about as much chance seeing me in a Knicks uniform in July as you have LeBron. He's Cleveland through and through and, IMO, will only be leaving the Cav's if he hasn't won a ring in four or five years time.

Good LeBron article here.

Was that game one of the greatest nights in Knicks history?

Great read, that... It's only when you see it written that you realise just how stupendously poor the night was for King James and the Cav's.

At least now I can take solace in that, during one of my University games, I threw better figures than LeBron.

And that's it... It was always a tough ask to rescue a game at The Garden in full swing. Listen to the noise during Boston's run about half way through the 4th, Rasheed Wallace hits the 3 before Garnett steals and gets oen in transition... Huge cheers.

If the Tic's can do the unthinkable and win this, surely it's one of the all time great post-season comebacks? They were dead in the water.

Boston won game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals against Orlando. How much longer can they keep this up?! Quite incredible really, thats Orlando's first loss this post season IIRC.

Allen and Pierce dropping big figures again... Surely they couldn't, could they?

I enjoyed that game last night, especially with Orlando threatening to come back late on. I always love watching Ray Allen, 14 years in the league and still performing.

I enjoyed that game last night, especially with Orlando threatening to come back late on. I always love watching Ray Allen, 14 years in the league and still performing.

I'm the same with The Truth... If I could only watch one player it'd be him. One of the all-time great SG/SF's and surely a second ring would cement his place in the Hall of Fame?

I'm the same with The Truth... If I could only watch one player it'd be him. One of the all-time great SG/SF's and surely a second ring would cement his place in the Hall of Fame?

I'd have him as HoFer anyway, but a second ring would secure him as a first ballot man.

By the way, there is a must-see documentary on ESPN tomorrow night. From their '30 for 30' series, it's about Len Bias, who was drafted by the Tics in the mid-1980s, should have been an all-time great, but died of a cocaine overdose.

If it's a story with which you're not familiar, this article demands reading: http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1216291

I'd have him as HoFer anyway, but a second ring would secure him as a first ballot man.

By the way, there is a must-see documentary on ESPN tomorrow night. From their '30 for 30' series, it's about Len Bias, who was drafted by the Tics in the mid-1980s, should have been an all-time great, but died of a cocaine overdose.

If it's a story with which you're not familiar, this article demands reading: http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1216291

Love the 30 for 30 series, did you see the Reggie Miller film? Awesomeness.

Back