• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Player of the season awards

Napster

No ⭐
Been looking at the season stats and thought I'd do a player of the season thingy.

OD - Best batsman - a tough call, two batsmen at the top

Jefferson, 812 runs at an average of 90.22 and a high score of 182*
Prag, 973 runs, an average of 97.3 and a high score of 134

Given that Prag is only superb and Jeffers is wonderful, the prize goes to Prag

OD - Best bowler, again, two bowlers at the top

Van Niekerk, 41 wickets at an average of 13.46 and an economy rate of 4.03
Whittingham, 33 wickets at an average of 12.12 and an economy of 2.90

Got to give it to Van Neeky for consistency and his 4 wicket haul against 2nd team Mattybean

FC - Best batsman - Prag falls short, with 1398 runs, but an average of only 82.24 (although he did have the top score of 356)

Best batsman between Jefferson, 1708 runs at an average of 142.33 and a top score of 293 and between Armstrong, 1470 runs, average 163.33, top score 206.

Tough one, but for sheer runs made, Jeffers wins it.

FC - best bowler, well, an easy one, far ahead of the pack is Van Niekerk with 62 wickets at an average of 11.97.

Overall, player of the season, for consistency and excellent figures in both FC and OD, goes to Van Neeky, the big Dutchman.

Not too tough for me!

OD:
Batting: Richie - double anyone else's average with 105.
Bowling: King Kev - new signing was slightly eclipsed by Suthers in the average column but Kev's far superior economy rate (3.12) swings it).

FC:
Batting: Plums - Richie made 1,500 runs but Plums maintained an impressive 194 average.
Bowling: Suthers - It was an easy league but 76 wickets at 3.89 each with economy of 1.21 is still pretty useful

Overall POTY:
Richie, 2,861 runs in all competitions in a team that can't bat was invaluable. Just wish he'd sort his form out.

Here's mine

OD

Batting - Has to be Philip "The King" Evelyn - 1477 runs at 147.70 and a S/R of over a hundred. 630 runs more than anyone else, and an average 70 higher than the next best.

Bowling - Delroy "Del-Boy" Middleton - 49 wickets at 12.71, E/R 3.97 and S/R 19.22. Honourable mention for Carl "Brucie" Schoeman who was the only other person with over 30 wickets.

FC

Batting - As no person can win 2 awards, this one goes to Seamus "Jacko" Pollock for his 1119 runs at a smidge under 80, and a HS of 179*

Bowling - The award goes to Gurdayal Singh aka the Hurdy Gurdy Man. 34 wickets at 8.74 and an E/R of under 2.

Player of the year.

Tough choice between Evelyn and Middleton, but it goes to Evelyn, as Middleton didn't score the runs he should have as a Wonderful / Remarkable.

Young player of year (under 21)

Has to be Singh for his combined total of 67 wickets, and he's only going to get better.

Batting - Has to be Philip "The King" Evelyn - 1477 runs at 147.70 and a S/R of over a hundred. 630 runs more than anyone else, and an average 70 higher than the next best.
Only when he's allowed out of Suthers' pocket :)

Evelyn (+) c. Lamey b. Sutherland 26 34 2 0
Evelyn (+) b. Sutherland 0 2 0 0
Evelyn (+) b. Sutherland 1 2 0 0

MrB said:
Only when he's allowed out of Suthers' pocket :)

Evelyn (+) c. Lamey b. Sutherland 26 34 2 0
Evelyn (+) b. Sutherland 0 2 0 0
Evelyn (+) b. Sutherland 1 2 0 0
He let him out today :)

Edit - Interesting to notice the difference to Del-Boy's figures over the last 2 days

Yesterday - Cracked pitch / Sunny weather / Normal mentality 4-0-72-1

Today - Green Pitch / Sunny Weather / Attacking mentality 4-1-25-5.

Memo to self - Don't put him on normal Bowling :thump:

Last edited:
OD:
Batting: Close call for best batsmen. Swayne notched 777 runs in 12 innings and 2 not outs at an average of 78 and a 99.36 strike rate. Cronin notched 731 in 12 innings and 3 not outs at 81 average and 98 strike rate. I'll give it to Cronin though as Swayne is superb/superb and Cronin resp/strong.
Bowling: I threw a few games so my main bowlers only played against 'the lesser' sides so their figures aren't entirely accurate but Lazarus with 21 wickets at an average of 17.71 just pips Shashidhar with 19 wickets at 18.42 stat-wise but Shash has been on 3 nets all season so gets the award.

FC: I played bots in every match so not really worth giving a player of the season!
Swayne (1423) and Cronin (1108) top scorers with the bat
Bowling wise everyone had an easy season with ridiculously good looking figures!

Back