• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players - worn signed shirts TOMMORROW

Yellow Army

Members
Bit of an essay here, but need to make everyone aware:

Back in November the players were issued with new shirts, we at present have the old shirts back in the shop and we will be holding the Live Auction in the shop all day tommorrow. (Friday 16th Decemeber) The shirts will be auctioned off in number order, so Ducan Jupps Shirt will be at 10am, then an auction closes every 15 minutes, so Che Wilson's shirt will close at 10:15, with Freddy Eastwoods shirt finishing at the end of the day. We haven't put these items on ebay to give those who do not have the internet to have a chance of bidding for these unique items.

To add to the value of the shirt we have asked all the players to sign the shirts, and hope this will make the shirts valuable collectors items.

Eastwoods shirt is the same one that he got sent off in and scored a Hattrick against Bristol City on his Birthday, a majority of the shirts u can see that they have all had plenty of use (even Petts' shirt had a run out at the beggining of the season) and we hope you can all make it down to the shop tommorrow.

All telephone bids and e-mail bids are now closed, so we have a highest bid on the shirts tomorrow when we open, and it is upto the live bidders to outbid the current amount.

Shirts must be paid for within 3 working days, otherwise the shirt will be offered to the next highest bidder.

The only shirts we do not have are both Goalkeepers as they did not need to be re-issued.

Happy Bidding

Steve

i have no idea, i'm not running the auction myself, i'm just spreading the word as it wasn't really made public knowledge as it could of been.

thats what i wondered about these things and those they put on ebay/qxl?
is it just money going into the club?

i'm not really that happy that its not adverstised - people should know where there money goes - and may infact pay more if they do

- - even if it was to said to go into youth developement at the club or something

at the moment can we presume it is to cover goaters wages? ;)

why has the money gotta go to charity, everything you sell do you feel bound to give the money to charity?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pickledseal @ Dec. 16 2005,08:40)]i'm not really that happy that its not adverstised - people should know where there money goes - and may infact pay more if they do
there was a bit of A4 on the club shop door last week

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Dec. 15 2005,21:53)]Duncan Jupps Shirt will be at 10am, then an auction closes every 15 minutes, so Che Wilson's shirt will close at 10:15,
Presumably this statement has gone over most people's heads but that is the most accurate assesment of Che Wilson I've ever seen.
laugh.gif

Picture the scene 10.15.00 the bids open and at 10.15.01 Leeboy bids £5. There being no other bidders despite frantic attempts the bid closes at 10.15.50.

cool.gif

It's great that this is announced after the phone and e-mail bidding is closed. Cunning that the live auction is on the day of an away match when a lot of fans who could afford to bid will not be able to.

Good planning!
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Dec. 16 2005,10:23)]It's great that this is announced after the phone and e-mail bidding is closed. Cunning that the live auction is on the day of an away match when a lot of fans who could afford to bid will not be able to.

Good planning!  
sad.gif
Live auction is today. We're playing tomorrow?

Yes my apologies, just noted that!
down.gif

Obviously too late to get down there for Che's shirt!!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Dec. 16 2005,10:33)]Yes my apologies, just noted that!  
down.gif

Obviously too late to get down there for Che's shirt!!
mad.gif
Just offer to buy it from Leeboy.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 16 2005,14:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Dec. 16 2005,13:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 16 2005,09:27)]there was a bit of A4 on the club shop door last week
Was this a present left behind by the Swansea crew ?

tounge.gif
Yes, Swansea are very generous with their paper

laugh.gif
Nice response
tounge.gif

But not as generous as Barrett was with his marking that day.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Dec. 16 2005,15:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 16 2005,14:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Dec. 16 2005,13:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 16 2005,09:27)]there was a bit of A4 on the club shop door last week
Was this a present left behind by the Swansea crew ?

tounge.gif
Yes, Swansea are very generous with their paper

laugh.gif
Nice response
tounge.gif

But not as generous as Barrett was with his marking that day.  
smile.gif
Barrett - marking? I thought he was employing the zonal system?

oops.gif

i never said it SHOULD go to charity - - but is it a bit like just buying some thing from the club shop but with a bit of a supply/demand twist to it - - ie there are only a few therefore we will auction to get higest price

i just think it would be nice to put money from this sale goes to funding for [this] aspect of the club

i think its already established that most southend fans are quite happy to dig deep for the club

Back