• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Players you would most/ least like to holiday with and why

DTS

The Business
If you won a Blues Lottery competion and had to go on holiday with one of the players who would you most / least like to go with and why?

I think Adam Barrett would be a good laugh to go away I as you could have a bit of banter with him. As were both recent Dads we could swap tales of parenting. Maybe a few pints in the afternoon as he tells me tales from his echo colum before we sit down with a bit of pasta for a late night Champ Man session.

I would least like to go with Theo Robinson. I think he is the sort of holiday mate who wouldnt want to do anything you wanted to do. I would ask him to pass the sun cream but instead he would run off like a headless chicken using all the sun tan cream on himself and refusing to pass the bottle.....I just cant see us getting along.

Alex Revell..Seems a proper laugh. Would have a great time I think

Saw him wandering around Bluewater last BH Monday looking all tall, tanned & fit, my teenage daughter was suitably impressed & would be more than delighted if he came on holiday with us.

Quite fancied him myself actually....:stunned:

Most like to go with revs, seems a laugh. Wouldn't wanna go with Barnard, would be stuck pushing him around in a wheelchair the whole time after he broke his leg getting off the plane!

Would'nt take Mildenhall,i'm not saying he would get his round in,just whether it could get the beers back without spilling them under the bar.

I'd take Revs too; in exchange for his holiday he could provide some simple, nutritious meals. Savings on restaurant bills would probably pay for his ticket. I might be a lottery winner but I'd still be tight :)

I wouldn't want to take Granty though. Just imagine it; he'd bang his leg on a luggage trolley at the airport, then fall to the floor rolling around in agony. After 5 minutes or so of being ignored, he'd sheepishly get to his feet, adopt a slight limp, and walk stright into another trolley... we'd never make it onto the plane.

I'd go with Ian Joyce, he'd want to go to America and that would suit me down to the ground.

Wouldn't want to go with Alex Revell, nice guy but a spa holiday isn't really my cup of teatanning lotion

Best companion for me would be Dan Harding. He's minted and it would be his round all week. With me being a Southend United fan who "paid his wages", he'll appreciate that he owes me.

For all you single fellas out there though, it's got to be Richie Foran - the best all-round wing-man you're ever going to need and not for what he does on the pitch.

Worst companion would be Paul Furlong. He'd crack a few jokes on the plane to come across like a real asset, but then as soon as the holiday started, he'd disappear into the shadows like he was never there in the first place. You'd probably eventually find him a year later making the best of it in a holiday camp somewhere like Barnet.

Rev's seems like a laugh, despite his straight-from-a-bottle tan, I'd imagine he'd be game for most things and just seems like a pretty sound lad. Added to that, I'd take Jimmy Walker for comedic purposes.

I'd least like to take Barnard. He strikes me as the type to get off the plane and fall down the ****ing stairs, spending all of his (and some of our) spending money in hospital fees and generally being a let down. There's also little point of asking Clarkey, as he'd miss his Mummy and Daddy after a night and fly back, despite being a grown man.

I think it would be great to spend a weekend in Brussels with Francky Moussa. I reckon we would maybe go to a few bars before buying a five pound wrap of speed each. Me and Franck would then have a great laugh staying up all night talking nineteen to the dozen and walking endlessly around the city. By six in the morning we'd both feel pretty scummy so we'd part and go our separate ways. Franck would no doubt pop in to see his mum and extended Congolese family whilst I would get the Eurostar back to London.

Michael Ricketts would be a good holiday buddy. He'd know all the decent places to eat out. Then when you done a runner he'd obviously be the one they catch and get the bill from.

On the other hand, Frank Moussa's Belgian, and who wants to holiday with a Belgian?

Medi Adlimbi's language skills would be very useful to translate as he seems to speak every known language, but I don't really want to go on holiday with a kid.

Instead I'd say Francis Laurent. I'm not sure where he'd want to go (in fact I'm not sure he knows where he wants to go), but I'm sure it would be an adventure. His French speaking skills should be an asset and will compensate for the likelihood of him falling over a lot every night in the bar after a few drinks.

Least: Simon Francis. Would be a nightmare organising anything as he'd invariably turn up on the wrong time in the wrong place and he'd spend the entire time running to catch up with where he should have been in the first place.

The chances of him making the flight are minimal, but even if he did manage that the odds are that he'd carelessly forget about your suitcase and wonder off, losing your possessions.

He'd then spend most of the holiday half asleep.

Macca but wouldn't like to be followed by Old Blue Lady as much as he is

Back