• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Southend Utd, please do not freeze again on the big occasion away from home.

So many times we have travelled away in great numbers, only to come away beaten or disappointed.

Blackpool and Wrexham in the LDV at the Milstad, Crewe in the LDV at Wembley, Grimsby away in 2005, Morecambe earlier this month, Scarborough in the Cup, Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester, Everton, Southampton and Sheffield Wednesday in various cup matches, Derby in the FA Cup twice in the 1970's, Liverpool away in the late 70's, Spurs 3 times in various cup competitions, Doncaster away in the play offs a few years back, Burton and Crewe in more recent play off history...

Counter this with -

Bury 1991
Chelsea 2009
Lincoln at Milstad in 2005

Please make this the year you send the Travelling Army home very happy!

COYB!

Man Utd home
bristol City home league winners
swansea away promotion
Stockport away promotion
Orient home and away Wembley bound
stevenage home Wembley bound

Man Utd home
bristol City home league winners
swansea away promotion
Stockport away promotion
Orient home and away Wembley bound
stevenage home Wembley bound

Yes, I wasn't talking about the home games, only away ones.

Still, I'd forgotten about the others. Swansea and Orient in particular... did that many travel to Stockport back in the day? My point was whenever there was a large travelling army it often ended in tears

Yes, I wasn't talking about the home games, only away ones.

Still, I'd forgotten about the others. Swansea and Orient in particular... did that many travel to Stockport back in the day? My point was whenever there was a large travelling army it often ended in tears

From what I remember there was a big following at Stockport, but I was young so not a great memory of the game now

From what I remember there was a big following at Stockport, but I was young so not a great memory of the game now

About 800 to 900 at Stockport not bad for a Friday night and in the days when 100 at an away game was deemed to be good numbers!

Lets all think positive we are in really good form.playing at Wembley and with a great chance of promotion.

So many times we have travelled away in great numbers, only to come away beaten or disappointed.

Blackpool and Wrexham in the LDV at the Milstad, Crewe in the LDV at Wembley, Grimsby away in 2005, Morecambe earlier this month, Scarborough in the Cup, Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester, Everton, Southampton and Sheffield Wednesday in various cup matches, Derby in the FA Cup twice in the 1970's, Liverpool away in the late 70's, Spurs 3 times in various cup competitions, Doncaster away in the play offs a few years back, Burton and Crewe in more recent play off history...

Counter this with -

Bury 1991
Chelsea 2009

COYB!

100% win record in play off final. Enough said,

I can completely understand the sentiment of this thread you just never know with Southend!......

forget you are playing at wembley dont even look at the stands around you just get on with the game and put everything you have into it and get the result we need!

100% win record in play off final. Enough said,
As do Wycombe have.

I think it's a touch harsh saying we froze at Derby, certainly our first time there in the fifth round we didn't. We were just unlucky, no way were we outplayed by them.

We can do this, we WILL do this. I firmly believe it's our destiny this year. #believe

I can think of plenty of crucial games we didn't freeze in. Stockport, Peterborough, Bury, Lincoln at Cardiff and Swansea away. (Arguably Bristol C at home for the title). In two of those games freezing would have been understandable in the circumstances. Mental belief is a powerful thing and got us promoted at Bury and Swansea. Of all of the above Bury meant the most to me as a fan given the context. This game ranks right up there because under the situation we have faced for the past few seasons promotion, finally, would be deserved and I believe the start of the end of the famine years. All achieved with a bigger fan base home and away that have NEVER lost the faith even with the near misses.

We won't freeze, our squad is strong, our belief is strong our ability is strong. Just need our fans to be strong on Saturday.

4 hours fkn kip. Hate jetlag. That's four out of last 36 hours and working all day today. Off after that until Tues

As do Wycombe have.

I think it's a touch harsh saying we froze at Derby, certainly our first time there in the fifth round we didn't. We were just unlucky, no way were we outplayed by them.

We can do this, we WILL do this. I firmly believe it's our destiny this year. #believe

I didn't go the first time at Derby but saw the highlights on The Big Match and remember we did play ever so well in a relegation season. Still lost though.

:winking:

The second time we only played for the last half hour and by then we were 3-0 down.

This thread wasn't intended to be a negative one... more of a plea!

I can think of plenty of crucial games we didn't freeze in. Stockport, Peterborough, Bury, Lincoln at Cardiff and Swansea away. (Arguably Bristol C at home for the title). In two of those games freezing would have been understandable in the circumstances. Mental belief is a powerful thing and got us promoted at Bury and Swansea. Of all of the above Bury meant the most to me as a fan given the context. This game ranks right up there because under the situation we have faced for the past few seasons promotion, finally, would be deserved and I believe the start of the end of the famine years. All achieved with a bigger fan base home and away that have NEVER lost the faith even with the near misses.

We won't freeze, our squad is strong, our belief is strong our ability is strong. Just need our fans to be strong on Saturday.

4 hours fkn kip. Hate jetlag. That's four out of last 36 hours and working all day today. Off after that until Tues

Another awayday I'd forgotten about... Peterborough. Bristol City doesn't count as it's a home game and I was referring to awaydays only. But I agree re the Bury match. A great day.

Counter this with -

Bury 1991
Chelsea 2009

COYB!

I would argue we didn't freeze away at Everton. We gave them a bit too much respect in the first half and absolutely battered them in the 2nd. If it wasn't for Neville Southall we would have won that game. The Everton fans even gave us a standing ovation at the end, and in his programme notes at the next home game Howard Kendall said we would be a great addition to the Premier League.

Counter this with -

Bury 1991
Chelsea 2009

COYB!

Not sure we froze at Everton, we battered them and big Nev had a blinder.

Is it possible to lose a big game without it being because we froze or bottled it?

It may be a long shot, but there's no way footballing reasons could come into it could they?

Back