• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Poker anyone ?

Hi all,

I know there are a few poker players on here so I thought I'd float the idea of having a shrimperzone poker tourney.

I currently play on Ladbrokes and in my opinion they are the best poker site I've tried.
They also give you the ability to play your own private tourney's.

So who would be interested in having a go at one? Those who don't like to gamble can still download the software and just sit in and join the banter that I'm sure there would be at the table(s).

The options are there for a 5/10 player game or a multi table game for up to 50/100 people. I think we'd be pushed to fill them up though.

I'd set the entrance fee at $5 (+ the 0.50 Laddie's take as there cut).

If anyone is interested let's hear what day/time would be best.
Personally I'd go for an 8 or 9pm start possibly this Friday ?
But then I'm sure there are those of you who will be in the pub then so maybe a Monday or Tuesday would be better?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrainCrewBlues @ June 20 2005,16:52)]Hi all,

I know there are a few poker players on here so I thought I'd float the idea of having a shrimperzone poker tourney.

I currently play on Ladbrokes and in my opinion they are the best poker site I've tried.
They also give you the ability to play your own private tourney's.

So who would be interested in having a go at one? Those who don't like to gamble can still download the software and just sit in and join the banter that I'm sure there would be at the table(s).

The options are there for a 5/10 player game or a multi table game for up to 50/100 people. I think we'd be pushed to fill them up though.

I'd set the entrance fee at $5 (+ the 0.50 Laddie's take as there cut).

If anyone is interested let's hear what day/time would be best.
Personally I'd go for an 8 or 9pm start possibly this Friday ?
But then I'm sure there are those of you who will be in the pub then so maybe a Monday or Tuesday would be better?
Thanks for the plug TCB
smile.gif

Which plug do you mean
rock.gif

Ladbrokes, The train Crew website or Shrimperzone ?
biggrin.gif

Thought there would have been a bit of interest by now.....
I stand corrected
ghostface.gif

Sounds like fun - I'd be up for this, would have to go for Tuesday 20.00 as my best time.... does anyone wanna post there poker aliases - mine is ph437 - I am registered on bet365 +now ladbrokes - from what I can see they are the same software/players/games on both!

My alias is Steve_Mason

I'm playin as I type in the $10 multi

329 players left, I'm 129th - long way to go though.

I'll set it up for Tues then and hopefully we'll get a few more takers.

I mainly use Bet365. Can be found in freerolls and normally the $1 NL Freeze-outs. Downloaded Laddy's earlier and as PH says, the same set-up is used and the times dont clash with B365 so i can be found on there as well now.

Username is AllInKev but aint playing at the moment.

OK its set up....

Tues 28th June 2000hrs, Table name is Shrimperzone

You can register your seat now, however you will need to PM or email me for the password.

I've set it up for max 50 players, I'd say we would be lucky to get 20 but spread the word amongst friends and if need be next time we can make it 100 players!

Sounds like fun, I probably won't be able to play next week but I'd definitely be interested in the future if you do this again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrainCrewBlues @ June 20 2005,20:14)]Which plug do you mean
rock.gif

Ladbrokes, The train Crew website or Shrimperzone ?  
biggrin.gif
The Ladbrokes bit - I work in head office for the 'brokes. I've nothing to do with the poker side of things though...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrainCrewBlues @ June 20 2005,22:02)]OK its set up....

Tues 28th June 2000hrs, Table name is Shrimperzone

You can register your seat now, however you will need to PM or email me for the password.

I've set it up for max 50 players, I'd say we would be lucky to get 20 but spread the word amongst friends and if need be next time we can make it 100 players!
Thats good. Couldn't have done the Monday as SZFC have got their AGM but i'll be available to win. How we going to split the money or does it depend on how many people enter?

Kev

Prize distrubution will be .....

1st 50%
2nd 30 %
3rd 20%
4th gutted at being so close :-)

Back