• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pompey 1 Man Utd 0

Bluesmanager

I'm a Barbie Girl
Somewhere where the weather isn't killing me
Quieroz is not a happy bunny -

Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz is not happy. Some choice post-match comments, which include: "Today luck played a part supporting Portsmouth - on a normal day probably we would have won this three or four", "The referee's a disgrace, he didn't do a job". "We did a job, Portsmouth did a job, the referee didn't do a job."

Sore loser?

What a shame. Couldn't happen to a nicer club...

Good for the FA Cup though to see them out. Harry gets to play at Wembley then

Sore loser?

To a certain extent yes, but the referee was extremely poor today and bottled several key decisions.

The penalty shout was a definite and clear penalty. Ronaldo has beaten Distin for pace, has control of the play and is clear to make a simple pass to any of the forwards waiting to tap in. Distin comes across him, lunges with his right foot with no clear attempt to get the ball and brings Ronaldo down... Clear cut penalty.

Diarra got away with absolute murder. He continuously and purposefully fouled all over the pitch... I wouldnt be at all surprised if the 75% of the total fouls today were committed by him. In my experience, you warn the player twice, then book him... if he continues to do the exact same then he deserves to go.

Whereas it was a penalty for the Kranjcar/Kuszcak incident, it was never a sending off. He makes a clear attempt to get the ball with his hands and Kranjcar skips over his hands and collides with the lads head.

Ref blew up for needless fouls and did his best to slow the game down.

Ferguson's comments were very much what you said EastStandBlue. When he's agreeing with Arsene Wenger about something, you know he's fuming...

Alex Ferguson....SHUT THE F*UCK UP

talk about sore looser, moaning about everything, Pompey got the rub of the green, finally a team go to Old Trafford and get a pen.

He even moaned that Popmey were time wasting, like his players never do that do they...what a joke that man is

Good for Harry. Top manager who got his tactics right on the day and once again dumped United out of the cup.

Actually would quite like to see Pompey win it for him now.

Considering the amount of dodgy decisions given to Manure at Old Trafford in the past he has no cause for complaint - what goes around comes around.

IMO the Kuszcak was correct. He may have made an attempt to get the ball but he fouled Baros, denying him a clear goalscoring opportunity and therefore has to be sent off regardless.

The Ronaldo incident early doors was certainly a pen in my eyes, but it serves Ronaldo right - he often runs into other players to earn free kicks where there is no real foul plus his past reputation for 'simulation' has worked against him.

In the cold light of day, Ferguson should not look anywhere else but his own dressing room when he apportions blame for the defeat - Manures profligacy in front of goal was the principle reason for their loss.

Even though I knew it ended 1-0, I still was convinced Carrick was going to score when he got through on goal. Even in slow motion, I have no idea how that ball stayed out...

Considering the amount of dodgy decisions given to Manure at Old Trafford in the past he has no cause for complaint - what goes around comes around.

IMO the Kuszcak was correct. He may have made an attempt to get the ball but he fouled Baros, denying him a clear goalscoring opportunity and therefore has to be sent off regardless.

The Ronaldo incident early doors was certainly a pen in my eyes, but it serves Ronaldo right - he often runs into other players to earn free kicks where there is no real foul plus his past reputation for 'simulation' has worked against him.

In the cold light of day, Ferguson should not look anywhere else but his own dressing room when he apportions blame for the defeat - Manures profligacy in front of goal was the principle reason for their loss.

100% correct

I really hate fergie & Wenger, accept defeat with dignity for christ's sake.

Some of the decisions may have been bad, but the only reason ManUre lost is cos the were completely inept infront of goal, the had the chances they blew it.

A Ref may make bad decisions but to call them biased is a disgrace.

I mean how dare they give a penalty AGAINST Man Utd! ****s.

Anyway well done Pompey, i'd love to see a Portsmouth v WBA final think it would be great football.

i'd like to see a Barnsley v West Brom final with no premiership or welsh team.

I think although they did have a point with the decision not to award United a penalty, that is not the worst refereeing performance of the season by any means. Thus, my question to you is, is there any hope for referees anymore?

Back