• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
Finally got round to reading the Pompey programme from last night. I've always thought our programme is pretty good, but last nights Pompey programme is excellent and good value for £3. It included all the usual stuff, but also a player poster (diff player each programme of course) and also a set of four player cards. These are current players, legends of the club, ex managers etc. think this is a really good idea and great for the younger fans who love collectables especially player cards. Wonder if it's worth suggesting to the commercial dept for our programme in the future.

Finally got round to reading the Pompey programme from last night. I've always thought our programme is pretty good, but last nights Pompey programme is excellent and good value for £3. It included all the usual stuff, but also a player poster (diff player each programme of course) and also a set of four player cards. These are current players, legends of the club, ex managers etc. think this is a really good idea and great for the younger fans who love collectables especially player cards. Wonder if it's worth suggesting to the commercial dept for our programme in the future.

Sounds like a job for Agent Lomas. Not heard from him for a while, maybe he suggested the idea to Portsmouth!

I think this would be a great idea. WOuld certainly encourage those with kids to buy programmes on a regular basis if they don't already. Can't imagine the cost to produce would be great either...

I emailed the commercial dept with the idea of maybe doing something similar in our programme moving forward. This was the fairly positive response:

[FONT=&quot]Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for taking the time to email in and also for your positive comments about our programme.

Pompey is definitely one of the best programmes I’ve seen this season, along with Oxford United’s. Pompey have indeed gone the extra mile so to speak with their player cards and a poster. It is something I think does work very well and I know fans would be interested. It’s something I have thought about in the past and what I will do is maybe speak to O Publishing, who design and print our programme, whether it is something that can be looked at for next season.

As I’m sure you’ll understand Pompey have a lot more people working on the programme so are able to produce a more in depth programme. The player cards is something though that we may be able to do without too much work or hassle, so I will speak with O ahead of the new season – we could run it as a yearly feature.

Many thanks and hope to see you here on Saturday as we look to make it six in a row!

Regards,

Tom

[/FONT]

Back