• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When watching these highlights I noticed a couple of times when port vale attacked us from midfield our midfield were no where to be seen and a good 10 yards behind play, looks like we had no shape at times:'(

When watching these highlights I noticed a couple of times when port vale attacked us from midfield our midfield were no where to be seen and a good 10 yards behind play, looks like we had no shape at times:'(

It was pretty much like that for the whole game apart from the last 4 minutes of Injury time.

It was pretty much like that for the whole game apart from the last 4 minutes of Injury time.
at least we have two home games to put this right now and two wins should see us back on track, I just hope last nights result don't hit our home gates to much, can't see there being much more than 6,500 on Tuesday with not many from Crewe:unsure:

at least we have two home games to put this right now and two wins should see us back on track, I just hope last nights result don't hit our home gates to much, can't see there being much more than 6,500 on Tuesday with not many from Crewe:unsure:

Just under 4,800 tickets sold for Tuesday (not including Corporate, Directors, away fan and freeloaders).
5,500 would be a good crowd.
http://southend.cstevens.me/HCRE15

Ouch , it was the second one that rankled with me, their guy takes a bad touch yet Timlin casually stands off him and allows him to get in a cross, a poor header out from O'Neil and Atkinson reacts slowly to the loose ball.

Even if we win the next 2, we have no chance of getting in the play offs
you could win next 5 and still miss out, we could lose next 2 home games and still make play offs, so many points still to play for, anyone beats anyone in this league this season.

Wont make any difference who we play if the slow, sideways backward passing continues.

Other teams break fast and hurt us, Payne, Barnett and Hunt need the ball early but get the ball too late, and only after the oppo's defence have had a chance to reorganise themselves.

Following today's results we are only two points off the play-off position and Coventry have a tough away fixture at Barnsley whereas we're playing lowly Crewe Alex.............

A bit more consistency and we would have been very well placed. Still not complaining too much it has been so much better than Division 2.

McQueen to start. End of. Fact. And anything else you wish to add.

I'm not seeing this. Nothing in his performance on Friday that said to me "this man must start". If we need something on the left, why's he a better option than McLaughlin or Weston?

I'm not seeing this. Nothing in his performance on Friday that said to me "this man must start". If we need something on the left, why's he a better option than McLaughlin or Weston?

Not on the left, don't even get me started there. We have two perfectly good wingers sitting on the bench. McQueen is much more central, instead of Payne, or possibly Hunt.

I also believe that Southend will not finish in the playoffs, but no chance. There are lots off points to play for yet, and even though Southend ill prepared for the Champ league, they are more me, in there with a shout.

Back