• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[FONT=open_sans]The drawback there is that's a difficult journey for the travelling Southend supporters to have to make on a Friday night.

Friday night it is then.
[/FONT]
[FONT=open_sans]
[/FONT]

"We would not need police for this fixture as surely the stewards could cope with a 100 or so Southend fans."

Wrong!!

OThat's it, stick it to 'The Man.' Of course in the real world you can bleat as much as you like and the corporations will just smile as they count their profits.

As I have said on previous threads, some time ago, the fan base of all league clubs is a powerful unit collectively, but you will never get it to unite and fight for the future of football.

The wonderful game is laughingly still referred to as sport. There is nothing sporting about the fact that players try to con refs in every match and I mean every match. There is nothing sport related in the way the game has been turned into a cash cow for the elite few whilst smaller clubs receive mere morsels for their position in the pyramid.

One day the 'money men' will screw it up so bad they will lose interest and discard the game and let it drown in its own apathy. We will be left with jumpers for goalposts.

P.S. Oops should have been on the Sheffield/sky thread.

Fans get **** on again. The fixture 'computer' should never have had Stoke and Port Vale at home on the same day.

So this will be our 8th evening League away game this season and 3 in February alone.

Compare that to Peterborough who so far this season have not had one evening League away game and a few other clubs have only had one.

Its been a tough season for away travel not only for distances, but for the fact that more than a third of our away games have been evenings. Our away average support is just under 700 which is pretty good but will take a bit of a hit over the next 3 games.

"We would not need police for this fixture as surely the stewards could cope with a 100 or so Southend fans."

Wrong!!

That may be the sort of number they'd take to us but I don't think it's quite the case for the other way round! At least 500 would have travelled to this.

Wrong!!

Yes, I noticed that comment too. The last time I looked, our away support was the seventh best in the League and that's playing in a predominantly Northern League.

Shame as I was working out this morning how I could get to this one. I don't understand how Vale and Stoke can ever be scheduled to have home games on the same weekend.

Shame as I was working out this morning how I could get to this one. I don't understand how Vale and Stoke can ever be scheduled to have home games on the same weekend.

I think it's just to make sure the £360,000 solidarity payment is used for something.

Does anyone else think this is an absolute disgrace?

Why are they scheduled to play on the same day? Why did either club not alert us that this was a possibility from day one (and especially after they lost the first leg of the semi final...)?

Just feels like we've been messed around a lot this season. It's not necessarily that the games are midweek (though it's not really ideal) but there is just no thought given to supporters. Our fans will have wasted money on travel/accommodation again and the club should not stand for it.

This actually suits me as I live not far from Stoke and couldn't make it to the Saturday game, but nevertheless making the decision so late is very bad for fans from Essex. Why have they only moved it now? Surely they've not been waiting the whole season to see if Stoke made the League Cup final? Could Stoke's match not have been moved to the Sunday or Monday night and shown on Sky? As usual, complete disregard for fans.

So far this season we've had short-notice rescheduled games against Coventry, Vale, Sheffield United, Burton, Bradford, Shrewsbury. Some unavoidable of course (the last two).

The Coventry and Vale debacles in particular were totally unavoidable.

Thats three away games in Feb i will miss due to being midweek. Planned to go to the lot when on Saturdays, actually drove to Bradford and waited in the car outside the stadium for the inevitable. Add all this to the four midweek northern away trips before Xmas and means lowest amount of away games attended in a season for a long while, and got to two of them with enough notice.
thumbsdown%20smilie%20new%20aug.gif

Back