• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Positivity

A few bits and pieces to report. 1. Our street is now going to hold a pinic to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of VE day. Individual picnics on everyone's front gardens. Bunting bought from Santo on click and collect, should be interesting. 2. We look as if we have a nesting pair of robins in the Wisteria just outside our back door. They have been in and out all afternoon carried nest making material. First time for us as robin parents, so very excited, just hope it goes well. All in all feeling positive after that lot.
My parents have a kind of conservatory/greenhouse on the back of their house which they leave the door not quite closed so the plants in there get air. They used to get robins nesting in there between the plants for many years when my kids were young.

We have sparrows nesting in the end bit of our gutter, which I'm very concerned about, hopefully they're far enough away from the down bit of the guttering.

I'm pleased to see so many birds starting to come into our garden, which was a desolate mass of stinging nettles when we moved in. Not got grass down yet, but we have regular blackbirds (one of which has a white tail feather), sparrows, pigeons, a robin and magpies visiting.

My parents have a kind of conservatory/greenhouse on the back of their house which they leave the door not quite closed so the plants in there get air. They used to get robins nesting in there between the plants for many years when my kids were young.

We have sparrows nesting in the end bit of our gutter, which I'm very concerned about, hopefully they're far enough away from the down bit of the guttering.

I'm pleased to see so many birds starting to come into our garden, which was a desolate mass of stinging nettles when we moved in. Not got grass down yet, but we have regular blackbirds (one of which has a white tail feather), sparrows, pigeons, a robin and magpies visiting.
Once upon a time I wouldn't look twice at wild birds, but with retirement comes interest. It's great watching the little feathered people swamping the feeding table and having a bath in the fountain. And with the arrival of the robins........................

Once upon a time I wouldn't look twice at wild birds, but with retirement comes interest. It's great watching the little feathered people swamping the feeding table and having a bath in the fountain. And with the arrival of the robins........................
Looked at a few wild birds in my day,never done me any good,

I love to sit and watch the birds in my back garden while drinking my morning coffee - and I’m only 43 ?
They’ve all come out of late which is great. No stress from them.

I love to sit and watch the birds in my back garden while drinking my morning coffee - and I’m only 43 ?
They’ve all come out of late which is great. No stress from them.

I’m exactly the same, I have Sparrow’s nesting in one of the trees in my garden. I often stand and admire them whilst doing the washing up. I’m only 33, nothing wrong with admiring birds of the avian variety.

I’m exactly the same, I have Sparrow’s nesting in one of the trees in my garden. I often stand and admire them whilst doing the washing up. I’m only 33, nothing wrong with admiring birds of the avian variety.
Especially when you're washing up.:Smile2:

I’ve had the time to finally teach my daughter to ride her bike without stabilisers. She’s picked it up really quickly and I couldn’t be prouder. She was a nightmare to start with really nervous but once she got the confidence I couldn’t get her off the bike. Could’ve saved myself £15 when I bought the bike, stabilisers were pointless.

I’ve had the time to finally teach my daughter to ride her bike without stabilisers. She’s picked it up really quickly and I couldn’t be prouder. She was a nightmare to start with really nervous but once she got the confidence I couldn’t get her off the bike. Could’ve saved myself £15 when I bought the bike, stabilisers were pointless.

I've always said that you're better off taking the peddles off to start with, balance is harder to teach than peddles.

I've always said that you're better off taking the peddles off to start with, balance is harder to teach than peddles.

Yep, agreed we messed up with her on her smaller bike by lifting her stabilisers up and she developed a lean. Once she learned the art of balancing she picked it up really quickly. Just got back in after a couple of laps of the field and she smashed it. One very proud dad.

Back