• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Possible target  ?

nnatt76

Youth Team
Am I the only person that is p*ssed off /Fed up with posts about players hardly anyone has heard of touting them for SUFC greatness, I would like to think I know the lower leagues well but some of the players people mention are awful.

If I read another post containing

"what about Bogthswaite of Yedding town...?? 3 goals in 10 years...could do a job for us "

I will Fckn scream .

What do posters do....thumb through the Rothmans year book pick out a random name.

the transfer window should be one fckn day a year....

can there not be some new rule enforced by the mods that if a post contains such references...you get a life time ban !!

mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ Jan. 09 2007,17:28)]Am I the only person that is p*ssed off /Fed up with posts about players hardly anyone has heard of touting them for SUFC greatness, I would like to think I know the lower leagues well but some of the players people mention are awful.

"what about Bogthswaite of Yedding town...?? 3 goals in 10 years...could do a job for us "

I will Fckn scream  .

What do posters do....thumb through the Rothmans year book pick out a random name.

can there not be some new rule enforced by the mods that if a post contains such references...you get a life time ban !!

mad.gif

mad.gif
couldn't have put it any better myself . . . . . . i am getting really peeved at having to trawl through the nonsense messages on here linking every available/unavailable player with Southend - and what makes it even worse is the thread title 'possible signing' - give us a break - what you mean is 'highly improbable signing' . . . unless anyone has really good insider information, then don't bore us with these waste of spaces

mad.gif

Al

laugh.gif

I'm struggling to think of one name mentioned that has been truly terrible. You've got to expect people to pick names solely off the goalscorers list sometimes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (simply_blues @ Jan. 09 2007,17:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ Jan. 09 2007,17:28)]Am I the only person that is p*ssed off /Fed up with posts about players hardly anyone has heard of touting them for SUFC greatness, I would like to think I know the lower leagues well but some of the players people mention are awful.

I will Fckn scream .

mad.gif
mad.gif
couldn't have put it any better myself . . . . . . i am getting really peeved at having to trawl through the nonsense messages on here linking every available/unavailable player with Southend - and what makes it even worse is the thread title 'possible signing' - give us a break - what you mean is 'highly improbable signing' . . . unless anyone has really good insider information, then don't bore us with these waste of spaces

mad.gif

Al
But isn't that the whole part of a messageboard?
rock.gif
If it wasn't for these people, there would be nothing to read...

ok then . . . .

i understand that some bloke by the name of David Beckham will be available for transfer soon . . . . . . . maybe he is someone who could do well at this level

Al

[b said:
Quote[/b] (simply_blues @ Jan. 09 2007,20:34)]ok then . . . .

i understand that some bloke by the name of David Beckham will be available for transfer soon . . . . . . . maybe he is someone who could do well at this level

Al
could not afford fee or. wages

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpfan @ Jan. 09 2007,20:45)]
[b said:

Al
i'm sure Ron's warchest would be more than sufficient to adequately cover all financial aspects of Beckhams transfer

Oo.gif

Al

[b said:
Quote[/b] (simply_blues @ Jan. 09 2007,20:54)]
[b said:
[b said:

Al
i'm sure Ron's warchest would be more than sufficient to adequately cover all financial aspects of Beckhams transfer

Oo.gif

Al
more of a piggy bank than a warchest.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpfan @ Jan. 09 2007,21:00)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

Al

Oo.gif

Al
nah, he's rubbish anyway, definitely no better than we've got. I'd play Che over him any day!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimper @ Jan. 09 2007,21:02)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

Al

Oo.gif

Al
nah, he's rubbish anyway, definitely no better than we've got. I'd play Che over him any day!

biggrin.gif
yes but,mel slack was better midfielder than beckham and he only cost us 30 bob

[b said:

I will Fckn scream  .

mad.gif

mad.gif
The worst ones are where people pick a player purely on the basis that he is good on football manager.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpfan @ Jan. 09 2007,21:13)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

Al

Oo.gif

Al

biggrin.gif
Personally would rather have Edward Allen back (said to make me look like the best fan in the world ever, when really the name was found on the database) http://www.sufcdb.co.uk/index.php?option=com_players&Itemid=53

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimper @ Jan. 09 2007,21:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpfan @ Jan. 09 2007,21:13)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

Al

Oo.gif

Al

biggrin.gif
Personally would rather have Edward Allen back (said to make me look like the best fan in the world ever, when really the name was found on the database) http://www.sufcdb.co.uk/index.php?option=com_players&Itemid=53
what might have been?

OK, fair enough, I can understand your frustrations, but this is surely what the transfer window has done to the world of football.

Take these examples collated by the BBC from today's newspapers (Wed 10 January): -

Freddie Ljungberg, who has been linked to Tottenham, will demand a £4.5m pay-off for the remaining 18 months of his contract - if Arsenal sell him to help fund a £15m bid for France and Marseille winger Franck Ribery. (Daily Mirror)

Ljungberg has told Gunners boss Arsene Wenger he is going nowhere. (Daily Star)

Bent will be out of action with a knee injury until the end of February so he will be sold by Charlton. (Daily Express)

Ex-Ipswich forward Bent will be staying after making a quicker than expected recovery from injury. (Daily Mail)

My point being, if newspapers are spouting their usual inaccuracies, is it any wonder the average fan on a messageboard picks up on these?

From a SUFC perspective, I am just glad this window that we are appearing to be a lot more aggressive in trying to get players in (this may just be how it's being dealt with in the media after the summer disappointments)!

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

Al

Oo.gif

Al
big war chest? wasnt big enough,it was a piggy bank.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ Jan. 09 2007,17:28)]If I read another post containing

I will Fckn scream
Yes, but Bogsthwaite is really good on Championship Manager...

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

People knock Champ Man but you forget that I won the Premiership twice with Southend. I dont recall many of you complaining when Pius NDiefi scored that last minute winner in front of the south stand against Barcelona to send us in to the last four of the champions league. Far from it, in fact the board was delighted that I had 'built a strong rapport with the fans'.

Back