• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
Well where do I start?

Little did I think that in August 2005 when finding a site called Shrimperzone that some 7 years later I would still be looking at the site, let alone reaching my 10,000th post.

What a ride though. The site is fantastic, has something for everyone. It has changed guise a couple of times over the years, always for the better.

What makes me keep coming back? My love for Southend United and the fact Shrimperzone is the only website truly dedicated to all things Southend United. The owners have to be congratulated, what a fantastic site, full of characters from all walks of life, coming together and discussing our love for SUFC. Yes, we get on each others nerves, disagree, wind each other up but without all that, the site would be dull. I've seen many come and many go, but the core of SZ always remain. I could list so many that have influenced me over the years but I'm afraid I would leave someone out if I did.

I got to play for Shrimperzone for half a season too until I broke my leg, also gaining the nickname 'Webby' by Leeboy which has stuck, and is now on the back of my Southend shirt.

Here's to the next 10,000 posts and many many more years agreeing and disagreeing with members of my family that is 'Shrimperzone'

Lightweight. Come back when you're closing in on 30,000 :stunned: (wasted my life....)

If all the hours people spent on the Zone when they should have been working were all spent working this country would never have been in recession.

I must take credit for ruining this country.

What's scary is the start dates.

The board actually transferred over in 2003 and the likes of Nap, Kev, MrB, MtS, TrueBlue and myself had our post counts transferred over with it. Our post counts actually span over a decade.

MK's are only since 2005 and OBL's hasn't even been here 5 years yet has 4000 posts more than Creaky, Napster, Harry etc.

Well done DWB, out of interest who are the top ten active posters?

Further to MK's post, if you go to 'Community' at the top of this page, you can then select 'Member List' from the drop down and sort posters alphabetically, by numbers of posts, by rep, etc.

DWB is 30th on the all time posts list.

[times!=Yorkshire Blue;1451137]**realises Uncle Leo has already deleted the Live Thread**[/QUOTE]
Bad times!

What's scary is the start dates.

The board actually transferred over in 2003 and the likes of Nap, Kev, MrB, MtS, TrueBlue and myself had our post counts transferred over with it. Our post counts actually span over a decade.

MK's are only since 2005 and OBL's hasn't even been here 5 years yet has 4000 posts more than Creaky, Napster, Harry etc.

Some of us were about on the e-mail only group in the mid 90's.

Further to MK's post, if you go to 'Community' at the top of this page, you can then select 'Member List' from the drop down and sort posters alphabetically, by numbers of posts, by rep, etc.

DWB is 30th on the all time posts list.

Now that I am surprised at. Glad to be part of it all though

Back