• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Potential Random Signing?

I've heard that the club Stobart's really after is Talk and that he's got a Northern-style makeover planned for it. Before too long Southend could boast its very own version of The Phoenix Club with all the spin-off benefits that would bring.

I'm really quite excited about the possibility of Robot Wars coming to town.

I am going to try and sort out this rumour. I am on nights monday and tuesday and will have a word with the MD at work. He is now the head of Stobart Air, which became his role and is now in charge of Southend and Carlisle airport and is pretty clued up. So if any of this is true I will let you know.

I had a feeling it wasn't anyway. Does anyone know their involvement with Carlisle? I know they sponsor them but is that just it?

Eddie Stobart directly sponsors Carlisle United. The Carlisle chairman is Andrew Jenkins. Stobart sponsors Carlisle as it is a local business which can be used to expand their revenue to Southern parts of the country.

I am going to try and sort out this rumour. I am on nights monday and tuesday and will have a word with the MD at work. He is now the head of Stobart Air, which became his role and is now in charge of Southend and Carlisle airport and is pretty clued up. So if any of this is true I will let you know.

In fairness if I was Multi-Millionrare Eddie Stobart and I was thinking of a top-secret plan to buy a league one football club I would defo run it by the head of a small regional airport before making any decisions.

Let us know what he says Ricey....

Last edited:
In fairness if I was Multi-Millionrare Eddie Stobart and I was thinking of a top-secret plan to buy a league one football club I would defo run it by the head of a small regional airport before making any decisions.

Let us know what he says Ricey....

Who is now the Director of Stobart Air. So is now on the board of Directors!!

he could be our new kit man now that other clubs have been alerted to the multi-tasking abilities of steve parmenter

Back