• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre season Friendly

Norwichsufc

Youth Team
Does anyone have any info on the ticketing arrangements for the Norwich friendly. Several work mates (Norwich Fans) want to hitch a ride with me for the game. Might end up as a mini bus job!

Who are these 'Blues' you mention?
rock.gif

Us 'Shrimpers' also have a pre-season friendly against Norwich...
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

I do not recall stating the "blues"!! Spixworth Blue Army was the term used.
With a user name of Norwichsufc it should be reasonably clear that I am also a Shrimper.

I've just had an e-mail from SUFC saying that the ticket arrangements have yet to be finalised.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Norwichsufc @ June 24 2005,12:23)]I am in Spixworth. Founder member of the Spixworth Blue army (3 members). Where are you?
I live up in North Walsham at the mo' (opposite Ian Crook's parents - claim to fame or what!) work is on Broadland Bus Pk down in Thorpe.

Hi Saafend
Just tried to send you a PM but it came back as you are not authorised to receive it. If you would like to discuss possible travel sharing to the hall then please get in touch via this forum. I will check that my e-mail is available.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Norwichsufc @ June 24 2005,13:01)]I do not recall stating the "blues"!! Spixworth Blue Army was the term used.
With a user name of Norwichsufc it should be reasonably clear that I am also a Shrimper.

I've just had an e-mail from SUFC saying that the ticket arrangements have yet to be finalised.
sad.gif
The title of your thread is "Blues Vs Norwich"!
rock.gif
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ June 24 2005,20:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Norwichsufc @ June 24 2005,13:01)]I do not recall stating the "blues"!! Spixworth Blue Army was the term used.

sad.gif
The title of your thread is "Blues Vs Norwich"!  
rock.gif

oops.gif
I'd swear theres a sign outside of Vic Station pointing in the direction of Roots Hall saying 'Southend United - (The Blues)'
rock.gif

Indeed!
Even the official website has the header "The Blues Official site"
So please chastize the new boy if you will!
Perhaps Spaceman Spiff has closer ties to DEN than us

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Norwichsufc @ June 24 2005,20:43)]Even the official website  has the header "The Blues Official site"
Yep, and we've already moaned about that, so we might as well start on the fans that use it as well.
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Cant see the problem with using the "blues".
The programmes I bought in the early 70's were titled "BLUES NEWS".

So if the club itself can refer to itself as the blues for 30+ years why should "young" fans with less than 21yrs of life critizise a club's "name" approaching their centenery year!!

Original question still exists :- Any info on ticket details?
I rely on Echo/SUFC websites and they are devoid of any positive info.

The "Blues" is a bit boring and generic I guess.

Hold out for ticket details theres still a month until the game, I reckon it will be about a tenner for adults.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Original question still exists :- Any info on ticket details?
I rely on Echo/SUFC websites and they are devoid of any positive info.

As SUFC have said to you via email, they are yet to be finalised.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Norwichsufc @ June 24 2005,21:43)]Indeed!
Even the official website  has the header "The Blues Official site"
So please chastize the new boy if you will!
Perhaps Spaceman Spiff has closer ties to DEN than us
Don't worry, mate. He seems to take great pleasure chastising people at the moment. It must be the wrong time of the month for the poor fella .....

WS

As it's only a pre-season game i'd like to think that they'll only charge a 2 quid for children and 7 quid for adults.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ June 26 2005,10:40)]As it's only a pre-season game i'd like to think that they'll only charge a 2 quid for children and 7 quid for adults.
Very much doubt that. Even though its only a pre-season friendly, they still have to cover the costs that are incurred on a match day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ June 26 2005,14:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ June 26 2005,10:40)]As it's only a pre-season game i'd like to think that they'll only charge a 2 quid for children and 7 quid for adults.
Very much doubt that. Even though its only a pre-season friendly, they still have to cover the costs that are incurred on a match day.
some (scrivs) may correct me on this, but doesn't the away teams get half the proceeds from cup games, and I know that the ticket prices are reduced for such games anyway, so can the same principal not be applied for friendlies?

It is really the availability of the tickets that I need to know about. Obviously I will want to sit in the home areas, but my workmates who support Norwich will want to sit in the North Bank. It is questions like:- Will the tickets for away supporters be on sale on the day?
Can I buy via seatbooker like I normally do?

Back