• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Predictions on the season ahead?

whats everyones predictions.

personally think we will maybe get two players in before the season starts but still think we over-acheived last season with the squad we have.

if i was offered mid-table now i would take it straight away.

i think we will end up in the bottom half of the table just avoiding relegation.

lack of ambition is worrying imo. which has a knock on affect when signing any players.

I think we will do well.. the core of the squad is far more settled this time round.. a signing or two or a couple of top loanees and we could be off to a good start.. We will be ***** in Dec as usual of course!

I think a lot depends on whether we can keep key players fit (i.e. Barnard, Laurent, Macca) etc. If we can, top half finish pushing for the play offs. If we can't, bottom eight finish but not close to relegation.

I expect us to come mid table after flirting with the bottom half of the table for the bulk of the season. It really depends who we get in the next month or two but in reality based on the strength of the teams in our league and our side now I cant see us worrying the top six.

I expect us to come mid table after flirting with the bottom half of the table for the bulk of the season. It really depends who we get in the next month or two but in reality based on the strength of the teams in our league and our side now I cant see us worrying the top six.

Pretty much agree with that. Definitely can't see us getting nowhere near top 6

I start this season like I do every season; full of hope and expectation.

I hope that good players get better, average players develop into good ones, and poor players either become good or sold.

I hope that Lady Luck shines at the right times for us so that we get that dubious penalty given against us when we're already 3-0 up rather than 1-1 in the 90th minute.

I hope that we stay lucky with injuries and suspensions so that we're able to put out a strong team every week.

I hope that we unearth a gem from some non-league team, sign him for £5k and sell him after a couple of years for millions.

As for my expectations... really? With a lot of big name clubs, and some cash floating around at Huddersfield, and Col Ewe (possibly at Yeovil too :)). I expect us to just miss out on the play-offs again, but who knows what will happen; I bet the Toon never expected to be playing in the CCC this time last year.

Think we'll get 3 player on board before start of season

As for season predict a good start, another awful christmas/new year period and then average spring. 11th Position, semi's of LDV/Johnstone Paint trophy and defeat in 3rd Round of FA Cup and 2nd round League Cup.

PREDICTIONS??? Impossible or even worthless to offer a point of view. Up until yesterday we could see clearly, almost up to the horizon, if fact the was virtually nothing to see. Suddenly, there was lots of smoke and you could Hardingly see the wood for the trees. I would prefer to see if it Raynes in the near future and would think it sensible to wait until early August, or even September, before it is possible to make any sense of what the meteorological forecast for next season will be.

PREDICTIONS??? Impossible or even worthless to offer a point of view. Up until yesterday we could see clearly, almost up to the horizon, if fact the was virtually nothing to see. Suddenly, there was lots of smoke and you could Hardingly see the wood for the trees. I would prefer to see if it Raynes in the near future and would think it sensible to wait until early August, or even September, before it is possible to make any sense of what the meteorological forecast for next season will be.

Jesus Clarke, don't Robitin son...:(

1 - Southend United

2 - Leeds United

3 - Norwich City

4 - 'Uddersfield

5 - MKD

6 - Southampton (who win the play-offs so we can play them again the following year)

RELEGATED

21 - Orient

22 - Brighton and Hove Albion

23 - Colchester United

24 - Charlton :)

1 - Southend United

2 - Leeds United

3 - Norwich City

4 - 'Uddersfield

5 - MKD

6 - Southampton (who win the play-offs so we can play them again the following year)

RELEGATED

21 - Orient

22 - Brighton and Hove Albion

23 - Colchester United

24 - Charlton :)

i'll have a pint of whatever you've had . . . .

17/18th for us i think

10th. And I'll be perfectly happy with that.

We may all be looking at the likes of Huddersfield throwing money around, and the 'bigger' clubs coming down, but most sides in this division are in a similar position to us.

The way I see it, Norwich are this season's Leicester. They've got Doherty and Dejan Stefanovic at centre-half, with Otsemobor at right back and Michael Nelson on the bench. There are also strong rumours that when the MLS season finishes in November, Darren Huckerby will be jumping on a plane home to join his beloved Canaries.

For Charlton, it's about signing a half decent defender. If they can do that, then they've got Todorov, Deon Burton, Darren Ambrose and Izale McLeod up front, and a certain N. Bailey in midfield. They also ought to be way too good for this league.

Sadly, I think Franchise FC will be there or thereabouts next season - albeit they've had a massive clear-out according to their site. However, with players like Lewington in defence and Chadwick in midfield, they'll be challenging.

Moneybags Huddersfield will also be up there. Robinson and Clarke almost got us to the playoffs last season; they've also got Lucketti at centre-half and the likes of Jevons and Keigan Parker up front. They'll do well.

Leeds Utd will also be there or thereabouts - especially if they can hang on to Delph and Beckford.

And then...? Well, I reckon everyone else is much of a muchness. Southampton are out of it. Of the promoted sides, Wycombe and the Bees might do well, although I'm not expecting Exeter or SUFC "B" team (aka Gills) to do that well. Millwall have a solid squad and, if they can hang on to Zak Whitbread, will be challenging. The Ewes are likely to have a solid squad, and the likes of Tranmere and Oldham are usually in the mix.

And I see SUFC very much in that group. People are panicking way too early - apart from Huddersfield (who will have paid a premium for signing people so early), no one has really signed too many players in our division. If we can tie up deals for some of these defenders - Stepanov would be very nice, as would Raynes. Harding would be fantastic, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If we can sign / tame Demontagnac, then we could be lining up something like this (presuming, as well, that Tilson wants to go diamond, which I secretly suspect he does).

.....................Mildenhall..........................

Francis.....Stepanov......Barrett.......Harding

...........................JFC...........................

...........McCormack........Moussa............

...............Demontagnac (or Freedman).................

...........Barnard.............Revell...........

I'd say that was a side that might well start challenging for the top 6.

Although, as always, I'll stick my neck out and say we'll finish.... 10th.

;)

The way I see it, Norwich are this season's Leicester. They've got Doherty and Dejan Stefanovic at centre-half, with Otsemobor at right back and Michael Nelson on the bench. There are also strong rumours that when the MLS season finishes in November, Darren Huckerby will be jumping on a plane home to join his beloved Canaries.

For Charlton, it's about signing a half decent defender. If they can do that, then they've got Todorov, Deon Burton, Darren Ambrose and Izale McLeod up front, and a certain N. Bailey in midfield. They also ought to be way too good for this league.

Sadly, I think Franchise FC will be there or thereabouts next season - albeit they've had a massive clear-out according to their site. However, with players like Lewington in defence and Chadwick in midfield, they'll be challenging.

Moneybags Huddersfield will also be up there. Robinson and Clarke almost got us to the playoffs last season; they've also got Lucketti at centre-half and the likes of Jevons and Keigan Parker up front. They'll do well.

Leeds Utd will also be there or thereabouts - especially if they can hang on to Delph and Beckford.

And then...? Well, I reckon everyone else is much of a muchness. Southampton are out of it. Of the promoted sides, Wycombe and the Bees might do well, although I'm not expecting Exeter or SUFC "B" team (aka Gills) to do that well. Millwall have a solid squad and, if they can hang on to Zak Whitbread, will be challenging. The Ewes are likely to have a solid squad, and the likes of Tranmere and Oldham are usually in the mix.

And I see SUFC very much in that group. People are panicking way too early - apart from Huddersfield (who will have paid a premium for signing people so early), no one has really signed too many players in our division. If we can tie up deals for some of these defenders - Stepanov would be very nice, as would Raynes. Harding would be fantastic, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If we can sign / tame Demontagnac, then we could be lining up something like this (presuming, as well, that Tilson wants to go diamond, which I secretly suspect he does).

;)

Pretty much as i see it, but the worrying thing is take a couple of players out of that starting line up could see us scrapping for league 1 status, which im sure wont happen :unsure:

And I see SUFC very much in that group. People are panicking way too early - apart from Huddersfield (who will have paid a premium for signing people so early), no one has really signed too many players in our division. If we can tie up deals for some of these defenders - Stepanov would be very nice, as would Raynes. Harding would be fantastic, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If we can sign / tame Demontagnac, then we could be lining up something like this (presuming, as well, that Tilson wants his Missus to go diamond, which I secretly suspect he does).

;)

I heard the other day on the golf course that it was a Brazilian he was after.

Otherwise pretty much agree with all that Matt, which is moreorless what I was saying give or take a club or two ( especially if the last PO place is a low points total a la Barnsley year)

Thank Parky that Charlton still have God.

i thought he went back to walsall(?)

Walsall sacked him but were holding his registration in case someone was willing to cough up some readies for him. They released him comepletely in May and he's now a free agent (as far as I know).

Back