• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Premier League B Teams

Not so much as a Premier league B team topic, but more of a Academy topic,

Anyway it would appear that Liverpool have been handed a £100,000 fine and 2 year ban on tapping up other young future prospects from other clubs in the EFL, after being caught for breaching the rules.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39508491

Do you think the punishment is a bit harsh or spot on?

Also, am I right in thinking that we got something in the way of compensation from that young lad that moved to Man City at the beginning of the year?

I all for change,as long as it dosent hurt my club financially,less distance to travel i think would be good also for you supporters.Also believe change should start at the top ,meaning the FA, from what i can understand most of them in office would be better warming a rocking chair on a back porch in some god forsaken little country village.:smile:

Not so much as a Premier league B team topic, but more of a Academy topic,

Anyway it would appear that Liverpool have been handed a £100,000 fine and 2 year ban on tapping up other young future prospects from other clubs in the EFL, after being caught for breaching the rules.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39508491

Do you think the punishment is a bit harsh or spot on?

Also, am I right in thinking that we got something in the way of compensation from that young lad that moved to Man City at the beginning of the year?

Did you mean soft?

Ban them from registering new players for 12 months.

Did you mean soft?

Ban them from registering new players for 12 months.

Soft,...Yeah perhaps.

What do you mean by banning them from registering new players for 12 months?... They have been banned for 2 years. Do you think the ban should be reduced? or do you mean signing all players (including signing any 1st team players also?) If so I personally think that's harsh.

In terms of the £100,000 fine, i'm not to sure who that goes to? (is it Stoke in terms of compensation?.. or direct into the pockets of the Premier league?).. Either which way, considering it was only 100K, that equates to about a single Liverpool players weekly wage. IMO it should have been more like a £1million+ in order to to really hurt them in the pocket.

Soft,...Yeah perhaps.

What do you mean by banning them from registering new players for 12 months?... They have been banned for 2 years. Do you think the ban should be reduced? or do you mean signing all players (including signing any 1st team players also?) If so I personally think that's harsh.

In terms of the £100,000 fine, i'm not to sure who that goes to? (is it Stoke in terms of compensation?.. or direct into the pockets of the Premier league?).. Either which way, considering it was only 100K, that equates to about a single Liverpool players weekly wage. IMO it should have been more like a £1million+ in order to to really hurt them in the pocket.

It'll go to the League if I'm not mistaken. Liverpool had already agreed compensation with Stoke for the player, and it was only their incompetence/underhandedness (delete as applicable, defending on which defence they used) that caused the deal to be scrutinised as it now has been.

Ludicrously soft punishment though.

Soft,...Yeah perhaps.

All players.

If it's a fine I suspect it goes to the FA's Christmas party (or at least pays for charitable donations to give the FA good publicity). If it's compensation it'll go to the aggrieved club.

Back