• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pro Basketball Comes To Southend

Oh dear, they lost quite heavily at the Glasgow Rocks yesterday.
They competed well in the first quarter but were outscored 21-4 in Q2 and never really recovered from that and eventually lost by 40 or so points. Even with my limited knowledge of basketball it was obvious to see where they were struggling, too many rebounds given up after missed shots, too many turnovers in general play and not enough 3 point throws.

On the whole though, a thoroughly enjoyable trip out & totally worth the £8 ticket price. Football (& speedway) take note!

The Rocks cheerleaders also looked like clones (other than 2 token brunettes), very blonde & very orange (although me & my mate discovered on our way out that the reason their legs were a different shade to the rest of them was they were wearing a very strange hue of tights!) Interested to see what the Pirates girls are like (or have they employed the same company we use for the Bluebelles)?

I've yet to see the Pirates in action, but hope to in the new year maybe. It'll take a while for them to get established in the league being a brand new team I guess, but I believe the coach is the GB team coach and he's trying to use mostly British players, rather than relying on foreign talent.

Back