• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Problem

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Now I know we are on a great run and things are looking good but the only tiny little thing that bothers me is the odd goal we are leaking
3-1
2-1
2-1
3-1
4-2

I suppose a win is a win but we were good to come and fight back against Rotherham but we should have had the game wraped up at 2-0.

Just a small gripe but hey UP THE BLUES!

i think its only bradford were we havnt conceded corect me if im wrong

Tell you what True Blue, you worry about the goals we are leaking, and I'll worry when we score one more than them, and between us we should get promotion
tounge.gif

Wonder how many leaked goals have come from the left back position
rock.gif

Think you've a point... if the goals dry up, we'll be in trouble. But, whilst we're scoring freely, I'm going to enjoy it!

Well DSLC - how many goals have come from the left back position ? I assume you know the answer. How about yesterday ? Or is it just time to have a go about Che again ?

huddersfield and swansea have both conceded more than us. i think it comes down to the open style of football played, teams in league 1 cant really sit back and soak up pressure so, as the old saying goes "the best form of defense is attack" so lets keep the ball in the other box and if we concede, ahh well cos weve already put 2 away

... and all this without key players like Eastwood and Gray playing regularly!!!
wink.gif

Lawson & Goater are certainly proving the doubters wrong!!!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Sep. 25 2005,22:22)]... and all this without key players like Eastwood and Gray playing regularly!!!
wink.gif

Lawson & Goater are certainly proving the doubters wrong!!!
laugh.gif
Lawson & Goater are our key players now

Clean sheets will come

I would be worried if thought the defence was playing poorly, and i dont think they are.

It just seems the odd lapse at the moment, and we have been punished for all of them, that wont always be the case.

As has been said, let in 1, score 3/4, means 3 points, 'tis all good to me!

The Times once again giving credit to Lawson.

Other players singled out were Maher and Cole. Considering that two of these weren't playing for our first team last year, suddenly lack of transfer dealing looks like shrewd business. Early days I know but the performances of Cole, Lawson and Goater have been exceptional.

Tilly is the new Ossie Ardiles - the "we will score more goals than you" philosophy!!

It is a slight concern but then again in the last 5 games we've averaged just a fraction under 3 per game scored and thats fantastic!
biggrin.gif

We have a superb scoring record this season and long may it continue. Bit concerned about conceding silly goals but I'm sure this will sort itself out, won't start worrying about that until we're not scoring so many...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Sep. 26 2005,09:38)]It is a slight concern but then again in the last 5 games we've averaged just a fraction under 3 per game scored and thats fantastic!
biggrin.gif
I keep telling everyone - if you are board of the Premier$hite than watch a Southend game! Guranteed excitment and tension!

biggrin.gif

Certainly more goals in this league.

Cant believe we win 5 in a row and someone raises a concern
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Sep. 26 2005,13:22)]Cant believe we win 5 in a row and someone raises a concern
smile.gif
You just can't please some people! Southend could win the Premier$hite, European Cup and the FA Cup in one season and people will still moan about something.

'what about the league cup?'

'We conceded 23 goals in all competitions - thats too many!'

'Darryl's too short to be a Premership goalie.'

I could go on!!

biggrin.gif

Back