• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Projectors

weststander

Manager
I am in need of assistance from the tech savvy members of Shrimperzone. My 18 year old has decided that for Christmas she wants a projector in her room instead of a tv. Now she's seen one on Amazon for around £40 but I'm not convinced it will be very good. The budget is around £150 so any advice would be appreciated.

I bought one specifically for an event a year ago. Spent £100 on Amazon and really didn't expect much, but was surprised at the quality. Personally, a projector would never replace a TV for me, but it was far better than I expected it to be.

I bought one specifically for an event a year ago. Spent £100 on Amazon and really didn't expect much, but was surprised at the quality. Personally, a projector would never replace a TV for me, but it was far better than I expected it to be.

Which one was that please

I would think 40 quid will get you rubbish. We got one a few years ago which was great when projected onto a 7ft wide screen but we probably paid about 500 quid for HD version which would give a TV like picture. So you need to get a decent screen and then turn the lights off to get decent picture if you want to emulate a TV picture. Now the room has a decent telly in and no one bothers with the projector. You might be better off talking her into a decent telly.

Agree with Steveo, at that pricepoint anything you get will be useless unless you can bag a second hand bargain on ebay or gumtree. You also have to take into account the cost of replacement projector bulbs which after a while will probably push the cost towards what you would have ended up paying for a half decent LCD TV upgrade.

I'm assuming her bedroom must be pretty big? What size TV has she currently got, maybe get a better TV or something like an Amazon Fire TV?

Back