• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promotion & Relegation 2023/24

Colchester sack their manager after 5 losses & 1 win in 6 games.

They sit 3rd from bottom but still 5 points above Sutton United & Forest Green - both clubs have poor recent form as well.

Who have also had several managers in recent seasons, chasing the dream of promotion from their wealthy owners?.

Yep. New series of Class of '92: Full Time is on Sky at the moment. Doesn't seem to be any long-term plan there...

And re their crowd of 2,921 - there are SO many teams in the Greater Manchester area, I'm not surprised there. Doesn't help there are so many Man United pictures etc. at the Peninsula Stadium of the owners careers. The Stan Collymore Suite doesn't/didn't have pics of Stan in a bloody Liverpool or Villa kit!

Here we are middle of January.

The same 4 teams occupy the relegation zone - although Woking are perilously close & York City & Daggers aren't far off. Phil Brown's time at Kiddie has started well.

Forest Green Rovers & Sutton still sit at the bottom of the division above. Colchester are next in line for the drop but have managed two draws from the last two game.

Yeovil are still top of the South Division - a long way clear (13 points) and have won their last 5 games. (As have Chelmsford who are 3rd in the division).

Tamworth are top of the North Division and they have won their last 5 games as well. Our old "friends" Scunthorpe sit in 2nd place.

Forest Green and Sutton both have the smell of death about them. I'd quite like Salford to go, as I don't like vanity projects, but that's just me.

I think Bromley will join Chesterfield in L2. Unfortunately, I think all the four promoted sides will go straight back down, although I will shed no tears for Fylde (see Salford). Dorking are the likeliest of the rest to go.

Yeovil look nailed on to come up, although the second place is up for grabs. Tamworth and Scunny should make it.

And here we are close to the end of February ..........

Sutton are bottom & seven points from safety - 2 draws & 4 losses from the last 6 games doesn't read very well. 2nd from bottom is Forest Green Rovers who have won 2 of their last 3 games. The other 2 teams down there are Grimsby and our old friends at Colchester who have only won once in the last 6 games. They managed a draw against Sutton at the weekend.

At the bottom of our league, York have just sacked their manager (how many have they had in the last couple of seasons?) whilst Phil Brown has dragged Kidderminster up the table - 3 wins & a draw from their last 5 games. As we know, it is all rather tight down there.

In the Southern League, Chelmsford City beat Yeovil to go second on Saturday but Yeovil are still 12 points clear. Braintree are 5th and Hampton & Richmond are 7th.

Up North, Tamworth are in pole position but not on a good run at the moment. Scunthorpe are 2nd and also not doing so well lately.

Still all to play for.

Here we are - late March.

Forest Green Rovers, Sutton & Colchester are the main relegation candidates. Colchester have drawn 5 & lost 1 of their last six. Then there is a 5 point gap to Grimsby. It looks at the moment like 2 southern teams are coming to join us next season. Even Grimsby is not that far north, is it?

It's all very tight at the bottom of the Conference but Oxford City are relegated.

Yeovil are still top in the Southern Division but their lead has been cut to "just" seven points - Nouble scored the winner for them on Saturday. Chelmsford & Braintree Town are 2nd & 3rd.

In the Northern Division, Tamworth continue to dominate - eleven points clear of Scunthorpe. Boston (Jason Lee anyone?) are 5th.

Would love a Colchester relegation but sadly can see them staying safe JUST, again. Not been to FGR or Sutton though. Hopefully one of the Essex clubs come up through the South play-offs. Would like Hereford or Brackley in the North PO

When Dorking went 2 up last night at Weldstone, i thought game over. Just shows what i know??.

I didn't see the game, but Wealdstone fans said that Dorking sat back a lot in the second half and gave up the momentum they had in the first.

Just goes to show how half time gets in the way sometimes, if they did sit back.

Although it has to be said, that if York and Wealdstone lose all their remaining games even by a solitary goal and Wealdstone won both there games and increased their goal difference by 16 goals, they'd stay up on on goal difference. That is ignoring what BW and Kiddy do.

Last edited:
It is looking increasingly difficult for Kidderminster. Running out of games & draws won't be good enough.
Have only taken 7 points from their last 8 after the new manager bounce wore off.

Was totally in their hands as well as they lost a six pointer to Woking (who are now those 6 points above them) and could only draw with both York and Wealdstone (both now 4 points above them). Just two points from three 6 pointers. Their fans must be tearing their hair out.

York have taken 10 from their last 8 and Ebbsfleet and Woking who were in real trouble both took 14 points from their last 8 games - that’s how you stay up.

Have only taken 7 points from their last 8 after the new manager bounce wore off.

Was totally in their hands as well as they lost a six pointer to Woking (who are now those 6 points above them) and could only draw with both York and Wealdstone (both now 4 points above them). Just two points from three 6 pointers. Their fans must be tearing their hair out.

York have taken 10 from their last 8 and Ebbsfleet and Woking who were in real trouble both took 14 points from their last 8 games - that’s how you stay up.
Both Boreham Wood & Weldstone have games in hand over Kidderminster, but would personally prefer those 2 to be relegated.

Back