• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Could be good cover for us, can do a job for us, don't think he will be first choice though tbh. Would like to see Sturrock sign a Left Back before the pre-season.

Link to the OS Article

can think of worse left backs, still think sturrock will bring in a new left back for next season tho.

Sturrock has always said that he wants to sign players who are capable of playing at Division One level, he now signs Prosser on a new deal!!!!!

It does nothing for me ...very average player, hardly showed anything so far.I would of thought his wages could of been spent better elsewhere as we are so short of money and will have a very tight player budget next season.

It seems that he is now thought of as a left back who can also do a job at centre back rather than the other way round.

Having vanquised his Port Vale demons with that last minute equaliser against them, I just hope he can prove a lot of doubters like me wrong and become a good defender whatever position he plays in. Big year for him ahead methinks.

Sturrock has always said that he wants to sign players who are capable of playing at Division One level, he now signs Prosser on a new deal!!!!!

Agree. He must be incredibly cheap or we must be incredibly desperate!

Not the best player but remember he is a young lad (21 i think) and the thing he does bring is Height and i would rather him on the bench that Herd?

It was rumoured on here last season that Prosser is on a very low wage. If that's the case then this makes sense as he provides cover for two positions and allows the pretty small amount of cash in the budget to be spent elsewhere in the squad.

Agree with Beefy, if the wage is low then it's money worth spending for a player who can cover a couple of positions. Would be disappointed if was part of our starting line up though.

Having vanquised his Port Vale demons with that last minute equaliser against them, I just hope he can prove a lot of doubters like me wrong and become a good defender whatever position he plays in. Big year for him ahead methinks.

We all have them, it's part and parcel of life these days. Martin Foyle used to destroy my lacklustre Southend side in mid 90s versions of Championship Manager- until I signed Salvatore Fresi on a free transfer that is and started playing a sweeper system at the back.

Seems like a value for money player, I think he's pretty solid at LB (not seen him at CB) and although offers nothing going forward from LB he's better cover than Herd was.

Prosser - always looked rushed in defence, puts the ball out to easily & in the last game he had no passing touch at all going forward, still only 22 so hope he can warrant his place in the first team & I did enjoy Port vale away.......

Prosser is a taller Dave McSweeney with that trapped in the headlights look about him.

The kid can play but doesn't believe in himself which is why he doesn't want the ball and hoofs it away as soon as he gets it. You could see that a loan spell away from Roots Hall helped him regain some confidence but I fear for him as the crowd gets on his back the first mistake he makes which is the last thing a player short on confidence needs. It's a shame as the fundamentals of a good player are there if he can get himself in the right place mentally.

Gilbert will be LB next season, think I recall Sturrock saying he expects a big season out Gilbert next year. Prosser's versatility at LB as well as CB has won him this contract.

I suspect he was referring to longer term contracts. This is a one year deal commencing this summer.

With Prosser and Barker, along with Nesbitt and Gilbert we have plenty of cover at left back. Prosser being a CB also gives some cover there where we have Philips and Barker and hopefully Mohsni.

He is young, and has played in L1 hasn't he? Anyhow we have limited budget and we need some at this level of cost if we are to recruit any good new faces. If he is on a low wage he's good value in my view (at least he has potential to be decent)

Prosser has put in some good performances and as he matures hopefully will show more consistency. What this does mean is we need to bringing good players if we are retaining 'squad' players from existing squad.

Back