• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Proud Shrimpers - LGBTQ+ & Allies Supporters Group

I would like to start a group called PSPTOLLFC and the LGBT etc can join in as well if they want.

PSPALLFF - Premiership supporters psi’s taking of lower league football clubs.
Sometimes I do feel I have to justify myself to the many arm chair premiershite supporters
Off subject, but EVERY time I have felt the need to justify myself to a PSPALFF I have made them feel that I am the lucky one , and they are the ****.

I have been to a lot of football matches in my time. I have no idea if anyone else at these games was gay, lesbian, bi, trans or any other letter of the alphabet and I truly do not care. I was there to watch football not run a census on the sexual orientation or any other characteristics of those around me.

I had much more pressing things to complain about like my team being crap, referees, offside and penalty calls etc.

Anyway, enjoy your group. As others have said, I don't really see the point of it but you are free to do as you please.

Idont care if your gay, lesbian , white ,blavk ,yellow ,red ,or even a martian, if you a SUFC supporter or not as far as i know we all bleed red blood ( not sure about the Martians ). Anyway we all have tolive on this planet lets do it together peacefully. Also dont care what religion you are too.All should be welcome in Shrimpermoan .

Welcome to the Zone, I know you've been in touch with the Shrimpers Trust, and you will, no doubt, in due course be invited along to the Supporters Group meetings.

Whatever people may think, the Supporters Group already represents a diverse mix of Southend United supporters, and these will be another and welcome addition to that group.

If you're a Southend supporter, then you're ok as far as I'm concerned - black, white, yellow, brown, straight, gay, man, woman, or any mix of those.

I’ll start here, if it helps others do the same.

I’m a gay man who is a proud lifelong Shrimper. A mate of mine (also gay) and an Owls fan designed the ShrimperZone logo with the football and the local/SUFC references and the typeface. We’re here on the Zone and making a contribution. It’s nice to be open about it for once. ?

Sorry, but I'm ****ing outraged by this.

Spoiler:  
You contracted an Owls fan to design the Shrimperzone logo?

Sorry, but I'm ****ing outraged by this.

Spoiler:  
You contracted an Owls fan to design the Shrimperzone logo?

He did it for nothing, and also comes to the occasional game (including the famous win over Man Utd) so that should eclipse his Michael Parkinson-esque Northernness and other footy affiliations IMO :Smile:

Welcome to the Zone, I know you've been in touch with the Shrimpers Trust, and you will, no doubt, in due course be invited along to the Supporters Group meetings.

Whatever people may think, the Supporters Group already represents a diverse mix of Southend United supporters, and these will be another and welcome addition to that group.

If you're a Southend supporter, then you're ok as far as I'm concerned - black, white, yellow, brown, straight, gay, man, woman, or any mix of those.

What she said.

if it means more people go to games, then I’m all for it.

BTW - I’m jealous of Westcliff Shrimper Junior being a member of Junior Blues and getting a Christmas and Birthday card from the playing squad but that’s another story...

Different era and gladly everybody has moved on hopefully.

one would hope so, but if the given figure is 1 in 10 for being gay amongst the population, how many southend united players are openly gay, for example? Yes, society has moved on, but there are still people who are prejudiced, ironically, not openly.

Back