• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BluesMike61

Youth Team
Paul Sturrock has been nominated for L2 Manager of the Month for September.

Other nominees are Micky Adams (Port Vale ) and John Coleman (Rochdale).

We achieved 4 wins,1 draw and 1 loss in September, similar to Port Vale and
Rochdale,so it will be interesting to see who gets the nod.

Well done,Paul

UTB

Again highlights what a super job he is doing under dreadful conditions.

Well done Paul and the players to be fair.

To be honest I'm surprised Martin Allen isn't there. Thought he'd be the obvious contender. I would say of the three mentioned here Micky Adams will clinch it on the basis he has turned around a side that has or is still in dire straits behind the scenes and has guided them to 2nd.

Again highlights what a super job he is doing under dreadful conditions.

Well done Paul and the players to be fair.

Make you right on that Smiffy. I gave the guy stick last season but he deserves a pat on the back right now.

Did do well and if he was to win it dont have to worry about the curse as our wheels already fell off!

The last game aside I have been pretty pleased with the football so good to see him get some recognition.

Yes I agree smiffy but the plaudits normally go to the guy at the top end of the table. On that basis it is why I'm predicting Adams will win it. Surprised Allen isn't there though.

I don't mind PS not winning as we all know the dreadful run that occurs after winning this award :winking: . What a great job he has done with very little to work with. To have us fans still keeping the faith about winning promotion is testament to PS and his staff and the players.

To be honest I'm surprised Martin Allen isn't there. Thought he'd be the obvious contender. I would say of the three mentioned here Micky Adams will clinch it on the basis he has turned around a side that has or is still in dire straits behind the scenes and has guided them to 2nd.

To be fair, I think PS also falls squarely into that category as well. He has to deal with, amongst other things - A distinct lack of available players, a transfer embargo, the loss of a CEO and a replacement who hasnt had a chance to take his jacket off; all steered by a chairmain who is often 'economical with the truth'. I think if Paul can get us into the play-off this season with all that going on behind the scenes he would be a prime contender for manager of the season, not just the month!

To be fair, I think PS also falls squarely into that category as well. He has to deal with, amongst other things - A distinct lack of available players, a transfer embargo, the loss of a CEO and a replacement who hasnt had a chance to take his jacket off; all steered by a chairmain who is often 'economical with the truth'. I think if Paul can get us into the play-off this season with all that going on behind the scenes he would be a prime contender for manager of the season, not just the month!

See what you mean. Truth is the award normally goes to trhe manager who's team is top of the table or in the top 3 at least. We're mid table and Vale are 2nd I think so thats why I think Adams will clinch it. Also we did well last season and Vale had a mare in the end so Adam's qualities at resurrecting confidence will be seen as more recent.

Back