• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ps2 on ps3 and xbox on xbox360

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Does anybody know if ps2 and xbox games play on ps3 or xbox 360.

Thanks

2holes

Some PS3 games may play if you have an older console, but not all are backwards compatible I'm afraid. The easy way to tell is by the hard drive size of the PS3 - if it's 60GB it's an older model so you'll get some degree of backwards compatibility. If it's a new console, forget it and keep hold of your old PS2 as well.

Xbox 360 is backwards compatible with many more titles, but by no means all.

As far as i know the orginal 60GB PS3 is the only version that has backwards capability, this is also the first version that they discontinued.. luckily i have one, you can tell which one if is purely by the fact it has the veriouse memory card readers on the front, whereas others do not i believe.

As far as i know the orginal 60GB PS3 is the only version that has backwards capability,

In the UK that is. Strangely enough, models that aren't backwards compatible in Europe are backwards compatible in the US and Japan. The European market is some way off of being Sony's priority.

In the UK that is. Strangely enough, models that aren't backwards compatible in Europe are backwards compatible in the US and Japan. The European market is some way off of being Sony's priority.

I'm pretty sure that no US or Japanese PS3 is backwards compatible nowadays either since they removed the emotion chip from them about 18 months ago. The emotion chip was never in the EU PS3s in the first place so the 60GB machine that I've got and HudsonNo1 has got has essentially got both a PS3 and a PS2 inside it.

Basically, having backwards compatability adds a huge amount to the manufacturing costs to Sony so they ripped it out in order to try to compete with the far cheaper XBox 360 and Wii.

That said, if you've got one of the old PS3s then thanks to the various firmware updates then you're good to play all old PS1 and PS2 games on it.

Back