• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Couldn't get to Sixfields today so wandered down to local 'football pub' in Hadleigh, Suffolk and managed to persaude landlord to show the SUFC rather than antiques roadshow (had to buy him a pint).

Most walked out after the Premiersh*te relegation stuff so we (my son & I) were pretty much on our own bar a couple of diehard locals, a family with a bawling sprog and a couple of Tractor Boys who proceeded to put duke box on.

A few heads were turned with our shouting (how did Gutterige miss?) and a few comments back "staying down, etc".

Bollox to em. I'll watch one more game there, fully relaxed whilst they bite their nails, on Weds, when it'll be packed with Tractor folk, wander in for the second half and for once cheer on the Hamsters.

Up the Blues

Gutteridge missed 'cos he had his eyes shut & did want to mess his hairdo. Been seen down Talk etc. too many times to NOT confirm this.

he did indeed cop a bootload right in the neck, and i imagine the incoming size nine is what put him off .. that aside he seemed quite possibly the most ineffectual player on the park, his first touch was pretty poor and he has to be about 4 foot 6.. buzzes around a lot not achieving very much.. i havnt seen much of him this season, is he good n just had one of those games?
rock.gif

Was very good against Maccie, got brushed off the ball quite a lot but his dribbling and passing was pretty good.

I think we need to be a little less harsh on Luke G. Its not easy fitting into a new team, i should imagine its hard in terms of pressure, coming into a successful side, he's probably s**t scared of letting the players and fans down. Anyway i have seen a few good touches, he jumps well for a wee bloke and he can knock the ball around. I say give the midget a chance!
biggrin.gif

On recent performances he would probably be appearing on the shortlist for most ineffective Southend players ever - however he looks to have potential and we will hopefully see some inprovement next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Saafend @ May 16 2005,13:28)]On recent performances he would probably be appearing on the shortlist for most ineffective Southend players ever - however he looks to have potential and we will hopefully see some inprovement next season.
I'd like to think after a Tilly & Brush pre-season, he'll be a little midfield terrier. Remember this season his appearances for Cambridge were limited by serious illness & injury!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Saafend @ May 16 2005,13:28)]On recent performances he would probably be appearing on the shortlist for most ineffective Southend players ever - however he looks to have potential and we will hopefully see some inprovement next season.
I take it you didn't go to Macclesfield then?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ May 16 2005,14:18)]
[b said:
I take it you didn't go to Macclesfield then?
He was very influential in this game, but then i don't think anyone had a mare did they?

Doesn't matter if anyone had a mare or not he didn't just not have a mare he was awesome.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ May 16 2005,14:36)]Doesn't matter if anyone had a mare or not he didn't just not have a mare he was awesome.
Agreed.

Guttridge can do things that Williamson could only dream of. I fully expect him to come through as an excellent signing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 16 2005,14:32)]or Derek Payne  
rock.gif
Derek Payne!!!!

Now that's a blast from the past - whatever happened to him after he left us I wonder?

Give Guttridge a chance. From what I've seen he definitely has talent, I think we'll see the best of him next season. Against Yeovil he was poor but that's because he was in the middle when his best position is on the wing. He's not strong enough and he gets shoved off the ball too easily to play in the middle. but creatively he's good. His miss yesterday was horrendous but he knows that and hopefully he'll play some part on Saturday because I think he's a decent player.

Back