• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey is off the market!

Pubey

Finally plucked up the courage and proposed to the missus, really chuffed to say that she said yes and we're both over the moon! Friday the 13th was lucky for us! we then had a lovely weekend in London ring shopping:)

Cheers to Ant (Irish Shrimper) for his tips!

:):):)

Quite frankly, I'm devastated.

I had it all planned out. We would move in together at first, you know... Keep it slow and steady, and live together in an apartment above the South Upper. We wouldn't have to work, so we'd sit together all day eating Coronation Chicken rolls whilst watching constant reruns of The Wire. Only breaking on Saturdays at 3pm to peer over the ramblings at Roots Hall.

But, thats fine... If you don't want that life then screw you.

Congratulations.

From your last three posts we can now surmise that your top three catches are:

1. Jamie Dalrymple
2. Andy Bichel
3. (The soon to be) Mrs Pubey

Congrats all the same mate, but are you bloody bonkers asking her on the unluckiest day of the year? You couldn't wait a day, ask on the most romantic day of the year?

Bit perplexed too, why not wait a few hours as Barbie says? Anyway, congratulations to you both.

Congrats all the same mate, but are you bloody bonkers asking her on the unluckiest day of the year? You couldn't wait a day, ask on the most romantic day of the year?
Valentines day is the most unromantic day of the year. Why should you only be romantic when some commercial gimp tells you to be?! I've never celebrated Valentines Day and I never ever will.

I read 30,000 people propose on Valentines day. Well that's 30,000 unimaginative guys eh. I think it's the cheapest, tackiest day of the year to propose, or in fact do anything romantic. Could not think of anything worse!

I've read a few articles on Valentines day, however this is most definitely the best article on valentines day I'll read this year. If you can't be bothered to read it then I'll highlight my favourite two quotes from it.

Love - of course - is all about intimacy. Well, it's supposed to be, and like a glittering, sobbing snowflake, no two loves are ever the same.

Except on Valentine's Day when everything is the same - the stupid cards, the gross food, the matching couples with matching expressions.

When everyone is doing it, at the same time and in the same way, how can it be personal? How can it be special? How can it be yours? Would anyone with Great Love really do anything on the day, except vomit?

Pubey - sorry to divert your thread. I have very strong feelings against the crap that is Valentines day.

However, it's great to see you didn't follow the crowd and took a chance on the 13th! Congratulations! :support:

Remaining :offtopic: for a second .. i had a fantastic Valentines Day this year

Oh how i love last minute goals :support: ;)

Oh and commiserations to the future Mrs Pubey too !!!

Pubey - sorry to divert your thread. I have very strong feelings against the crap that is Valentines day.

However, it's great to see you didn't follow the crowd and took a chance on the 13th! Congratulations! :support:

Cheers mate, I wanted to spend Hallmarks most romantic day by ring hunting, walking down Oxford Street and through Hyde park talking about our future together, before going to our favourite Italian restaurant. Neither of us are superstitious, or particularly big fans of valentines day... and seeing the look on Mrs Pubeys face when I proposed to her makes me believe that I got it right.

It was the best weekend ever, and a Southend win was the cherry on top of a very nice cake!

Nice one mate, was going to text you back but i was still half asleep when i read it and totally forgot! Glad you asked on Friday 13th and not the 14th. As Einstein has previously ranted about it above, he has done all the hard work for me. In short - i agree 1000% with him!

Congrats to you & Lauren and i think Em was a bit jealous when i mentioned it!

;)

Back