• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Pubs for Gillingham?

DTS

The Business
Got to say I hate Gillingham. It always reminds me of a grim industrial northern town that someone had picked up and dropped off in the so called "garden of england".

Anyway just wondering if anyone has found a decent boozer yet? I ayways end up in a **** hole that is on a corner. The pub is horrible and the toilets the same as you would expect in a shanti town but they do from memory put out free food on the bar...

Only been to Gillingham once...the year we lost 10.1 and I think they even scored ours for us too.What ever side we put out tomorrow, it has to be better than the one we fielded that embarrising horrible day. Kinda put me off the place. Wheres the best place to park nowadays does anybody know?

Dave, im not totally sure what other options there are tbh. Been there 2 or 3 times and always end up going to the Fish & Chip shop and then braving a trip into that chitehole. Although it actually makes the away end seem okay. Think the best bet would be not bother with the pub, just buy a few tins and drink them outside as thats where everyone ends up anyway!! Cheap & cheerful, i know!

I would say pop by ours in the countryside, but it's not en route, alas. Gillingham's bars are a bit shabby.
From Ciderspace:

Local Pubs :

Cricketers: Usually a home fans dominated pub but has on occasion allowed away supporters entrance. Has a full menu and a large beer garden. About five hundred yards from the stadium.
Cricketers, Sturdee Avenue, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 2JR. Tel: 01634 851226. Map: Click Here.

Dog & Bone: Town centre pub a few hundred yards from the railway station and around ten minutes walk from the ground. Used to do food, but no longer. Four handpumps with a constantly changing variety of unusual beers on offer. Conservatory has fruit and games machines, juke box and pool table. Also has a small garden. Opening 11-11. Welcomes away fans.
Dog & Bone, 21, Jeffrey Street, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 1DE. Tel: 01634 576829. Map: Click Here.

Frog & Toad: Local community pub running football, darts, and quiz teams, golf and fishing competitions etc. Holds a number of beer festivals each year, but sadly our fixture doesn't coincide with one. Lunches available during the week but at weekends food is restricted to sandwiches plus free snacks on the bar. Has four handpumps (London Pride is the regular, the others constantly vary), a draught Belgian ale, up to thirty different Continental bottled beers, Dry Blackthorn and usually a farmhouse style cider from the West Country, keg Boddingtons, Guinness, and for lager drinkers Carling Black Label, Carlsberg, De Konnick, Stella Artois. Beer garden. OK with children. Opening is 11.00 a.m. - 11.00 p.m.
Frog & Toad, 38, Burnt Oak Terrace, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 1DR. Tel: 01634 852231. Website: Click Here. Map: Click Here.

Livingstone Arms: Opening Monday to Saturday is 10.00 a.m. - 11.00 p.m. Hundred yards or so from the stadium and no issues with admitting away fans. A range of draught beers available including some unspecified real ale. Satellite TV on a big screen, pool table, darts board, juke box, new beer garden, disabled facilities, family room / play area, own car parking. Credit cards accepted. Food on Sundays only.
Livingstone Arms, 239, Gillingham Road, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 4RB. Tel: 01634 851284. Map: Click Here.

The Barge: Not the easiest to find, in the back streets, with good views of the river from the beer garden. Under half a mile from the station and ten minutes or so walk to the football stadium. Has five real ales, with Joshua, produced by Nelson Brewery of Chatham the house beer. The others are regularly changing guests. Pool table, games machine, TV and darts. Opening times are various on weekdays, but a simple 12.00 noon - 11.00 p.m. on Saturdays.
The Barge, 63, Layfield Road, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 4NN. Tel: 01634 850485. Map: Click Here.

The Southern Belle: Pub directly opposite the exit to Gillingham railway station. Welcomes away fans.
The Southern Belle, 170, High Street, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 1AJ. Tel: 01634 280699. Map: Click Here.

Will Adams: Another pub a few hundred yards from the railway station and ten minutes or so walk to the ground. Popular with home supporters on matchdays - the landlord, who has been there over a decade, is a fan - but welcoming away fans too. The regular beers were Summer Lightning and London Pride on our visit last season, plus up to three guests. There's a cider, usually Old Rosie but sometimes another variety, and Budweiser Budvar lager - that's the 'proper' one for anybody who has only previously experienced some disgusting Yank rip off of the name - on draught. Has pool and darts. Food available at lunchtimes -basic fare but good enough for all that. Standard opening is 12.00 noon - 3.00 p.m. and 7.00 p.m. - 11.00 p.m., but the pub opens at 11.30am on Saturdays when Gillingham are at home.
Will Adams, 73, Saxton Street, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 5EG. Tel: 01634 575902. Map: Click Here.

I am going with my 2 boys so, a pub with a kids play area on one side and strippers on the other would be ideal.

Thanks in advance.

I am going with my 2 boys so, a pub with a kids play area on one side and strippers on the other would be ideal.

Thanks in advance.

What he said .. though in reality it'll be The Livingstone Arms again for me

I think there was an 8ft inflatable crocodile in there last time that was thrown about knocking drinks over left right and centre

Gillingham has to be the dirty old town of the South. Get there as late as you can, better off having a couple or three pints in Waterloo. Upon leaving the ground get a six pack from the Offy and jump back on the train.

I think there was an 8ft inflatable crocodile in there last time that was thrown about knocking drinks over left right and centre

Correct. Last seen drifting down the middle of the Thames shipping lane, after being launched overboard on the Gravesend to Tilbury ferry crossing.

You sure it wasn't a bird you picked up in motels the night before ****ed up Venus?.

Haven't found a decent pub there yet. And be careful about ordering food from the bar. Every time I did that I'd put it on the bar, no sooner that I'd turned around to grab some ketchup some ****er would have scoffed the lot.....

I'll be in the Livingstone Arms about 12-30, 1ish. Am looking forward to seeing just how bad this place is ment to be. Is it REALLY that much of a ********? After drinking in some of the dirtiest, roughest pubs in Grays, i'd like to see how this can be worse TBH. :)

Back