• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Putting the LOL into Liverpool

6rsz86.jpg

Anyone who doubts Jordan Henderson is a good player only needs to look at the stats, 7 goals conceded in 3 games during his suspension. Norwich and Chelsea aren't exactly attacking experts either. Liverpool have a lot of attacking skill but Henderson is the only one that will work hard and put a shift in for the whole 90 minutes, without him Liverpool just invite pressure on themselves.

Henderson has been one of the best players in the Premier League all season. He's class, young, versatile and very effective. Definitely an England starter at this point.

Henderson has been one of the best players in the Premier League all season. He's class, young, versatile and very effective. Definitely an England starter at this point.

Indeed. Henderson and Lallana simply have to start games out in Brazil.

A big difference is how they're both players who are comfortably two-footed. Hopefully we're finally going to get some talented midfielders come through who aren't always predictably shifting the ball onto their right foot and can turn both ways.

I don't think he will start Henderson over Wilshere if he is fit.

Hart
Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines
Gerrard Wilshere
Ox/Sterling Rooney Lallana
Sturridge

Is the lineup I think we should go for, we need Roy to have a pair of balls and take Rooney off for Barkley if Wayne isn't playing at all well as per.

I don't even rate Wilshere but he can turn it on more so than Henderson is going to do and seeing it is the world cup I'd start Wilshere first if he's fit.

I think Roy may start with Ox and Sterling over Lallana also, he rates Ox and if you had to pick between Lallana and Sterling as much as I love Lallana I'd have Sterling.

Naaaaaaa

----------------Hart----------------
Johnson -- Cahill -- Jagielka -- Baines
--------Gerrard -----Henderson------
Welbeck------ Lallana ------Sturridge
---------------Rooney--------------

That's how I expect Roy to pick it. Carrick might come in for Henderson if he's not back, and Welbeck might drop for Sterling.

I can't see Wilshere in the team at present.

I'd bring Barkley in personally who's been excellent this season and has that X-Factor which sometimes you need in a cup competition.

The friendlies should be interesting.

Naaaaaaa

----------------Hart----------------
Johnson -- Cahill -- Jagielka -- Baines
--------Gerrard -----Henderson------
Welbeck------ Lallana ------Sturridge
---------------Rooney--------------

That's how I expect Roy to pick it. Carrick might come in for Henderson if he's not back, and Welbeck might drop for Sterling.

I can't see Wilshere in the team at present.

I'd bring Barkley in personally who's been excellent this season and has that X-Factor which sometimes you need in a cup competition.

The friendlies should be interesting.

Lallana to come in and play the 10 role? Sorry but that won't happen and if he does play Sturridge on the wing then we've no hope he can't play there in the last friendly he was useless out there, play him where he is going to be most effective up top and central. Welback starting over Sterling or Ox well if that happens I'm having money on Costa Rica.

Back