• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

QF2 - King Henry VIII v Jimmy Saville

King Henry VIII (Dave Smiths Love Child) v Sir Jimmy Saville (kent shrimper)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are not many people who can claim to have the ability to raise money for charity to the level of Savile, the only person i know is the Flying Scotsman!!!

jim%27ll%20fix%20it%20400.jpg

A Terrible and Cruel King

Henry VIII was also a terrible and cruel King. He executed (had killed) anyone who disagreed with him (including two of his wives!)

When he became King the country was Catholic and was controlled by the Pope in Rome. When the Pope wouldn’t let Henry get divorced from his first wife, Henry made himself head of the church in England instead and gave himself the divorce he wanted.

Later Henry closed all the Monasteries and Nunneries in England and took all the money from the Monks and Nuns. He literally threw all of them out onto the streets to beg and gave their Monasteries to his friends for fine houses.

King Henry 8th a man who brought greatness into Great Britain and England

1. Defined the Navy we know and love to day and kept for centuries our country safe

2. Set up University for the poor so they can learn

3. Was involved in Parliament and listened to talks that would shape the country we know and love

4. Became head of the Church and therefore broke the monopoly that the Papists held and therefore began the beginnings of teh Enlightenment some 150 years later

5. Gave our country the belief that Britain and England can join as one and become a force

6.Was a monarch that met over 100 kings and queens and courtiers throughout Europe to maintain peace

7.Built up fortressess and castle that were in decay

8. Built some of the most beautiful buildings still around to day to enjoy and marvel at their beauty on what was basic tools to build

9. Bought the North to believe in him without fighting and therefore unite England as one

10. This King ruled over a most peaceful time when war could have been a chance to show our strength and therefore deserves the accolade of Englands finest hero

A Terrible and Cruel King

Henry VIII was also a terrible and cruel King. He executed (had killed) anyone who disagreed with him (including two of his wives!)

When he became King the country was Catholic and was controlled by the Pope in Rome. When the Pope wouldn’t let Henry get divorced from his first wife, Henry made himself head of the church in England instead and gave himself the divorce he wanted.

Later Henry closed all the Monasteries and Nunneries in England and took all the money from the Monks and Nuns. He literally threw all of them out onto the streets to beg and gave their Monasteries to his friends for fine houses.

Absolute tosh Kent Shrimper and a slur on my man

1. A cruel king doesnot build schoold and university for the poor, and for the record when Thomas Moore was executed, he admited he listened to his advisors and was wrong( No change to todays spin doctors)
2. The monasteries were taking money from the poor the one they were suppose to help and made them self fatter in the process, and if he through them out of the streets then the people they were suppose to help showed their mercy by shunning them

3. Execution of two wifes I cannot disagree however in to days modern times its ok to conduct an affair in the open and want to be a tampon for your lover, or have your toes sucked or go off with any tom dick or harry and get your butler to feed the gossip

4. Is it wrong to break the stranglehold of one religion and therefore have a more diverse country and culture

Last edited:
Jimmy Saville

A man who stayed with his mother 5 days after she died and didnot bury her.

A man who comes over Mr Nice and yet like to introduce Peter Sutcliffe to people as his friend whilst working in the jails

A man who off the record and thought filming had stopped told Louis Theriuox donot mess with me as I know people who can hurt you

A man who has gone on recird as saying he doesnot like children

A man who is suppose the working peoples champion and admits to dining with Thatcher, a person who broke the working class and never apologised

Behind his happy "ours about then" persona is a darker side

Last edited:
Behind his happy "ours about then" persona is a darky side

Lets look at the Dark Side of Jimmy

Jimmy has carried out a considerable amount of charity work, including raising money for the Stoke Mandeville Hospital where he worked for many years as a volunteer porter.

For years, he was the honorary president of Phab and has helped raise over £40,000,000.

Savile has run over 212 marathons (many of them again for Phab, including their annual half marathon around Hyde Park). And at 83 still continues to great work

Lets look at the Dark Side of Jimmy

Jimmy has carried out a considerable amount of charity work, including raising money for the Stoke Mandeville Hospital where he worked for many years as a volunteer porter.

For years, he was the honorary president of Phab and has helped raise over £40,000,000.

Savile has run over 212 marathons (many of them again for Phab, including their annual half marathon around Hyde Park). And at 83 still continues to great work

And thousands of other people do the same without wanting the egotisical publicity he craves

Both swings and roundabouts , however it is what a man maketh of himself with his inherated destiny , would Henry have done these had he not become King ?

I've had to vote Henry, even though I don't rate him that high. There is just something I am not comfortable with Jimmy...

Indeed they do but very few people Execute there wives or throw Nuns and Monks on the street.

Proper nice chap was Henry
I really woouldnt push teh monks and nuns point , they were pretty much all corrupted screwed up weirdo's of their day , of a far largeer corrupt and dangerous empire .

I really woouldnt push teh monks and nuns point , they were pretty much all corrupted screwed up weirdo's of their day , of a far largeer corrupt and dangerous empire .

My point is this comp is about Battle of the English Heroes, is Henry a Hero or just a nasty piece of work who used to Kill whoever he liked to get what he wanted?

Sir Jim has his faults i agree but look at the joy he gave to the nation via his Radio shows, TV Shows and Charity work. Yes he is exentric but he brought a smile to pretty much all of us on a Saturday when he fixed it for someone to do a life time dream.

My point is this comp is about Battle of the English Heroes, is Henry a Hero or just a nasty piece of work who used to Kill whoever he liked to get what he wanted?

Sir Jim has his faults i agree but look at the joy he gave to the nation via his Radio shows, TV Shows and Charity work. Yes he is exentric but he brought a smile to pretty much all of us on a Saturday when he fixed it for someone to do a life time dream.

How many were not fixed causing pain and sadness to their young hearts, and lets not forget without Henry some 450 years earlier we may have not been able to watch the programme as he built a solid England that to me is why he is a Hero

You miss the point why they were thrown on the streets, Jimmy Saville just befriends the murderers ie Peter Sutcliffe

I think it shows the total compassion he has for "everyone", He is a better man than me. He befriended him whilst doing Voluntary work at the prison. I think this actually shows the level of the man, he has raised money for charity, he has given under privelaged kids the dreams they could only imagine and even had a big enough heart to forgive a vile mass murderer.

He is the Samaratin that didnt cross over the road like many of us, and certainly looking at the facts Henry's acts of charity extended to people keeping there heads!!!

Back