• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

QUESTION? Postponed matches

Should your wildacrd be transferred if your match is postponed?

• Yes- transfer to another fixture, we should all have a wildcard whatever

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No - luck of the draw, same for everybody

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
A quick question for you all:

Yesterday Newport and Torquay had there games postponed. 11 predictors had used one of these as there wildcards, so I sent them all a pm saying they could change there wildcard but it was gone midday and half didn't see the message in time and didn't change their wildcard. So the suggestion is:

If your selected wildcard fixture is postponed and you don't change it, then when being scored your wildcard be used for the previous fixture .

1.e match no 4 postponed then wildcard transferred to match No.3 etc if Match No 1 postponed then transferred to match No.6

Simple yes or no on the poll then I'll go with majority for next Saturday

How about a backup wildcard option?

Although it would be very unlucky if 2 games get postponed and both are wildcard options.

I've voted no because I think it's a situation that's the same for everyone, and a risk you take when you select your wildcard. It's different if a match is called off in the previous day, but once you get into that final 6 hour period before a match then I think it's something we could and should all accept. Plus it's just making more work for you!

I've voted no because I think it's a situation that's the same for everyone, and a risk you take when you select your wildcard. It's different if a match is called off in the previous day, but once you get into that final 6 hour period before a match then I think it's something we could and should all accept. Plus it's just making more work for you!

What if a game gets called off late?

Plus it's just making more work for you!

The amount of work is not an issue, virtual nothing.

Prior to kick off I always transfer all predictions to a spreadsheet with wildcards marked, if a match is called off I could just move the wildcards used to the left. after the matches I add the results then double check back on SZ for any errors.

I have no axe to grind whatever the majority want I will go with.

What if a game gets called off late?
That's the risk you take. Pete's very good at giving people a nudge if they forget to predict, or if a match is cancelled or postponed but I think there has to be a cut off point, and I would suggest 6 hours before kick off is reasonable.

I agree to a back-up option rather than nothing at all. I know it is pure luck as to whether your predicted game gets postponed or not and sometimes at this time of year there is the possibility of predicting numerous games that could be cancelled and thus could leave you in at a disadvantage in the potential to gain more points.
Nope definitely, a back up from me

I think if your choice of w/c is postponed then it should default to the fixtures played in the order listed.

So by a narrow majority, as of tomorrow:

If your selected wildcard fixture is postponed and you don't change it, then when being scored your wildcard be used for the previous fixture .

1.e match no 4 postponed then wildcard transferred to match No.3 etc if Match No 1 postponed then transferred to match No.6

As previously If I can, I will advise of postponed matches before kick-off and you can make your own change, of course "sods law" now there won't be any games postponed!!!!

Back