• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Quick cricket quiz

After Old Trafford, Shane Warne has extended his record to 2722 runs from 175 innings in 126 Tests, his top score being 99. The only player to complete his Test career and amass 2000 runs without scoring a century is India's Chetan Chauhan, with 2084 runs from 68 innings in 40 Tests and a highest score of 97. Chaminda Vaas has to date scored 2162 runs for Sri Lanka with a career best of 74 not out. Alistair Campbell scored 2031 runs in 83 innings before scoring the first of his two Test hundreds.

andy flower.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Jan. 11 2006,12:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Jan. 11 2006,09:01)]Just to take the question a stage further.

Who is the only batsman in test history to score 299 not out?
SUFC Faraway was correct by the way, and it was a New Zealander who scored 299* a few years ago (15 or so), his name escapes me for now.
Martin Crowe - New Zealand scored 299 out as far as I remember it was against Sri Lanka.

The answer is Sir Donald Bradman v South Africa in the 1930's.

I am sure that Tendulkars highest score in tests is in the low 200's.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Jan. 11 2006,13:14)]Who is the only Test batsman to have his first two Test scores in his surname?
Nice one
biggrin.gif

Graham G00ch

How many runs did Viv Richards score in the final of the 1979 World Cup?

And also, in the same final, how many England players scored a duck?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Jan. 11 2006,13:40)]How many runs did Viv Richards score in the final of the 1979 World Cup?

From memory he scored 138 not out, remember him stepping accross middle stump and hitting a couple of 6's into the old Mound Stand.

At a guess 4 ducks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Jan. 11 2006,13:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Jan. 11 2006,13:40)]How many runs did Viv Richards score in the final of the 1979 World Cup?

From memory he scored 138 not out, remember him stepping accross middle stump and hitting a couple of 6's into the old Mound Stand.

At a guess 4 ducks.
One of Mike Hendrick was superb.

We made a good if slow start, with those two well known pinch-hitters Geoff Boycott and Mike Brearley both making 50's after that all down hill, and I would guess 5 ducks (and will attempt to name names) Larkins, Willey, Taylor, Willis and Hendrick.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Jan. 11 2006,13:48)]
[b said:
[b said:

At a guess 4 ducks.

We made a good if slow start, with those two well known pinch-hitters Geoff Boycott and Mike Brearley both making 50's after that all down hill, and I would guess 5 ducks (and will attempt to name names) Larkins, Willey, Taylor, Willis and Hendrick.
Pinch blockers more like.

Don't remember Pete Willey playing in that final as Gooch/Larkins & Boycott were used as the "5th bowler"

With that assortmentment of batting talent I would agree at 5 ducks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Jan. 11 2006,13:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Jan. 11 2006,13:48)]
[b said:
[b said:

At a guess 4 ducks.

Pinch blockers more like.

Don't remember Pete Willey playing in that final as Gooch/Larkins & Boycott were used as the "5th bowler"

With that assortmentment of batting talent I would agree at 5 ducks.
I'll change my Willey (as it were) to Botham.

Back