• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Quiz question

RobM.

Manager
Keith Mercer, Peter Taylor Steve Tilson and Tes Bramble have all done something for SUFC that no other players have for the last 40 years. What is it?

Except for Bill Garner who went in goal the same game as Peter Taylor did...
Cambridge at Home 70-71 season (Bellotti's Collar Bone, lost us the title, not that it scarred me foe life or anything...

Who was the last player to Transfer between Liverpool and Man Utd....

There is an SUFC link in the Answer

2) How many SUFC players have brothers who have managed top flight sides ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 24 2006,17:33)]Who was the last player to Transfer between Liverpool and Man Utd....

There is an SUFC link in the Answer

2) How many SUFC players have brothers who have managed top flight sides ?
Hmmm

1) - Phil Chisnall?

2) - current or historic? If historic, we have Alan Little, whose brother Brian managed Villa... struggling to think of any more at the mo...

Daniel Webb and his Dad Dave, manager of Chelsea (and Southend!) for a short period in 1993.

Also

Gavin and Gordon Strachan

What, sod off to my own board, ok then
sad.gif

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester and proud! @ May 24 2006,19:32)]Daniel Webb and his Dad Dave, manager of Chelsea (and Southend!) for a short period in 1993.

Also

Gavin and Gordon Strachan

What, sod off to my own board, ok then  
sad.gif
Didn't know Daniel and Dave Webb were brothers?! Nor that Gavin and Gordon Strachan were siblings?!

Typical bumpkins! Reading obviously a bit difficult still!

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 25 2006,08:59)]Chisnall is the correct Answer
WOO HOO!

As for the managers, there's no-one in the current lot is there?

Jimmy Shankly Was Bills Brother yes......

I thought Terry Nicholl was related to Chris , but it appears to have a differnt spelling.

I don't think Carl Hoddle ever played for us ( Just a trial IIRC)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 24 2006,17:01)]Except for Bill Garner who went in goal the same game as Peter Taylor did...
Cambridge at Home 70-71 season (Bellotti's Collar Bone, lost us the title, not that it scarred me foe life or anything...
... and except for whoever went in goal after one of Lawrie Leslie's periodic limb fractures at Peterborough in late 60s. Was it Tony Bentley ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ May 25 2006,13:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 24 2006,17:01)]Except for Bill Garner who went in goal the same game as Peter Taylor did...
... and except for whoever went in goal after one of Lawrie Leslie's periodic limb fractures at Peterborough in late 60s. Was it Tony Bentley ?
I wasn't there, but i do recall a game where Tony Bentley had to go in goal, can't be certain where or when though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ May 25 2006,13:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ May 25 2006,13:23)]
[b said:
I wasn't there, but i do recall a game where Tony Bentley had to go in goal, can't be certain where or when though.
that'd be the one then.

... bit of a duff question all round then
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gbshrimper @ May 25 2006,13:22)]Little known fact - Sada N'Diaye was the secret half brother of Don Howe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sada N'DIRE!!! Anyone remember his DISGUSTING high tackle at Brentford where even we away fans were chanting for him to be sent off lol!!
biggrin.gif

worst tackle I have ever seen, studs first in the blokes back, he shouldn't have been sent off he should have been locked up!

Back