• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So after yesterday's disappointing defeat to Dundee, we now face Raith Rovers in the 3rd/4th place play-off. Which will bring our participation in Scotland to a close.

Raith finished 2nd in Divison One last year, 10 points behind Champions Dunfermline. So they will provide another stern test for our lads.

Star player is John Baird, who scored 13 goals last season and picked up the div 1 player of the season award.

Raith have played 4 pre-season games thus far, losing 3 of them and picking up the 1 draw vs our League 2 friends Morecambe, last weekend.

Line-up?

Predictions?

I'm guessing we will put out a very young team today. PS said that those squad members who didn't play yesterday will be involved today.

So I would guess something along the lines of:

Ricketts Crawford Asante

Woodyard Stevens/Smith James-Lewis

Prosser/Nesbitt Phillips Coughlan Leonard

Bentley

Hope I'm not forgetting anyone?!

See Twitter for live updates. We have started the better side. Crawford has tested the keeper early on.

Bentley, Leonard, Phillips, Coughlan, Prosser, Sawyer, N'diaye, James Lewis, Ricketts, Crawford, Asante.

I'm guessing we will put out a very young team today. PS said that those squad members who didn't play yesterday will be involved today.

So I would guess something along the lines of:

Ricketts Crawford Asante

Woodyard Stevens/Smith James-Lewis

Prosser/Nesbitt Phillips Coughlan Leonard

Bentley

Hope I'm not forgetting anyone?!

Good shout. Bless you also for making a happy man feel very old. :winking:

So after yesterday's disappointing defeat to Dundee, we now face Raith Rovers in the 3rd/4th place play-off. Which will bring our participation in Scotland to a close.

Raith finished 2nd in Divison One last year, 10 points behind Champions Dunfermline. So they will provide another stern test for our lads.

Star player is John Baird, who scored 13 goals last season and picked up the div 1 player of the season award.

Raith have played 4 pre-season games thus far, losing 3 of them and picking up the 1 draw vs our League 2 friends Morecambe, last weekend.

Great research, Smiffy. Just need to point out that not everyone found yesterday's result disappointing ... I'll give you a clue ... he lives in Scotland and likes cycling.

Great research, Smiffy. Just need to point out that not everyone found yesterday's result disappointing ... I'll give you a clue ... he lives in Scotland and likes cycling.

Chris Hoy is a shrimper, Chris Hoy is a shrimper! La la la la! La la la la!

Raith away...now that is pink. Candy pink. Nil points.
RR_Away_Kit_2011_2012_SP.jpg

Sounds really dire.

Quote from AAS Fanzine "Heaven help us if any of our key players get injured this season"

Triple change in the 58th minute - Hall, Harris and Woodyard on for Ricketts, N'Diaye and Asante.

That will be the last we see of Ricketts...

Ricketts is off. I think we have seen the last of him.
Well it's certainly 'make your mind up time' concerning Ricketts..............doesn't sound as though his performances against semi-real opposition have added to his value.........I feel that you may be right. On the bright side for Ricketts, at least he won't have to suffer, "You're a f*****g waste of space Ricketts," from one or two of our 'wonderful' supporters, when he fails to score in his first home match.

Back