• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ranger left 'hurting' after Blues' defeat at Bristol Rovers

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United striker Nile Ranger was left hurting following the Shrimpers’ 2-0 defeat at Bristol Rovers on Saturday.

More...

Hurting.....but not professional enough to want to put in the extra training off his own back to get back to full fitness. Instead he's relying on his team mates to motivate him to put in the extra work! Not good enough Nile.

“I’m not the best professional..."

In other news, the sun is hot.

And he missed an open goal while unmarked.............

However he is still a big unit that causes problems to any defence. He just needs to head and shoot straight.....

Most pathetic statement that I have heard :

“I keep getting these little niggles but I’m doing strengthening work and the players are getting onto me about doing extra,” said Ranger. “I’m not the best professional but I’m trying to give it a good go and I will keep doing extras so I don’t keep breaking down.”

Perhaps this is the sort of player that should have a pay as you play deal to get him up and putting the hard work in.

I don't generally have an issue with the work that he does whilst on the pitch and just so want him to succeed with us, but this statement is damning- presume that he hasn't been 'pulling up weeds' - let alone trees in training then!!

My message would be - TRAIN PROPERLY OR FIND ANOTHER CLUB.

But he also said "[FONT=Source Sans Pro, sans-serif]will keep doing[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]extras so I don’t keep breaking down.”

Think some of you should get off our own players backs and support them instead of finding reasons to slag them off for what they say in the media. It was Lenny being picked on the other day because he put a word out of place, I wouldn't blame the players if they stopped giving interviews![/FONT]

But he also said "[FONT=Source Sans Pro, sans-serif]will keep doing[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]extras so I don’t keep breaking down.”

Think some of you should get off our own players backs and support them instead of finding reasons to slag them off for what they say in the media. It was Lenny being picked on the other day because he put a word out of place, I wouldn't blame the players if they stopped giving interviews![/FONT]

Not...I'm sorry. After his recent misdemeanours the least he can do is to have the self motivation to ensure he is in the best physical shape when called upon. It's not much to ask!

Back