• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thenewblue

Manager
Darryl 6 - looked a bit over eager to stop Lincolns crosses coming in, but made 1 good stop and did little else wrong.
Che 7 - Didn't look in trouble the whole game.
Barrett 9 - Just immense, best Southend player for years
Prior 8 - did nothign wrong and dealt with set pieces well
Jupp 9 - Nothing got past him and he also scored 2nd goal of his career well done Juppy!
Petts 7 - worked hard covered well and kept the ball well
Maher 8 - same as petts but with more searching passing
Bently 9 - Covered every blade of grass and had a real desire to succedd about him today
Nicky 7 - kept the ball and crossed but there wasn't anyone in the box usually following up for him
Freddy 9 - Caused trouble the whole game and was always there as an outlet when we were under pressure from set pieces
Gray 6 - Couldn't get into the game really, as always with a slippy pitch he spent more time on his ***

Dudfield 7 - Came on and we scored 2 goals! Coincedence! No real impact but did ok
Edwards - no time to contribute
Gower - Same

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ May 28 2005,23:02)]Jupp 9 - Nothing got past him and he also scored 2nd goal of his career well done Juppy!
What's the score here? Sky are saying it's his first, so when do you reckon was his other one?

I pretty much agree with your ratings, the lads were awesome today. OK, the first half wasn't particularly pretty, but after the half time interval they certainly did what Tilly said they would and gave their all to prove they were capable of the ultimate goal.......PROMOTION!!!!

It was his first goal.

I've said in another post that at the moment they all recieve ten out of tens just because we have been promoted and I'll reserve more critical judgement until monday because I'm in dreamland at the moment.

He scored for Wimbledon when they beat Swansea 7 - 1 many moons ago in some cup or other

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ May 28 2005,23:02)]Dudfield 7 - Came on and we scored 2 goals! Coincedence! No real impact but did ok
Oops, just found something to disagree with. I thought Lawrie had his best game for ages. OK, he wasn't on the pitch for very long, but he did actually make a difference with some useful, lively runs and was an effective replacement for Wayne, who was really running out of steam.

I'd mark Petts higher - I've knocked him in the past and would probably have been calling for him to be left out today if Gower or Guttridge had been fully fit but it would have been the wrong thing to do. He was absolutely superb - I've never seen him looking so determined. And as for Dudfield - he offered far more than Gray in far less time - magnificent.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ May 28 2005,23:02)]Darryl 6 - looked a bit over eager to stop Lincolns crosses coming in, but made 1 good stop and did little else wrong.
Che 7 - Didn't look in trouble the whole game.
Barrett 9 - Just immense, best Southend player for years
Prior 8 - did nothign wrong and dealt with set pieces well
Jupp 9 - Nothing got past him and he also scored 2nd goal of his career well done Juppy!
Petts 7 - worked hard covered well and kept the ball well
Maher 8 - same as petts but with more searching passing
Bently 9 - Covered every blade of grass and had a real desire to succedd about him today
Nicky 7 - kept the ball and crossed but there wasn't anyone in the box usually following up for him
Freddy 9 - Caused trouble the whole game and was always there as an outlet when we were under pressure from set pieces
Gray 6 - Couldn't get into the game really, as always with a slippy pitch he spent more time on his ***

Dudfield 7 - Came on and we scored 2 goals! Coincedence! No real impact but did ok
Edwards - no time to contribute
Gower - Same
Flahavan 5 - dropped at least two crosses, but was bailed out by his defence, especially by Bentley's last ditch clearance off the line. Nothing else really to do.
Jupp 8.5 - Full of energy, a lot of our best moments came from him overlapping Petts. Capped off a good display with his first goal in a decade.
Beckenbauer 8 - Let his standards drop. He made a mistake first half.
Prior 8 - the rock around which the defence is based.
Wilson 8 - He's finally won me round.
Maher 7 - looked to be struggling to last 90 minutes after a good start, but was he pacing himself for extra time?
Bentley 8 - I love him. Probably would have been even better if he hadn't been booked so early.
Nicolau 7 - work-rate and pace makes him a nusiance. Adds balance to our team
Pettefer 7 - Links well with his full-back, is a key player for us.
Gray 7 - made a nuisance of himself and was one of our better players in the first half. Possibly unlucky to be taken off
Eastwood 8 - Once he was given the ball, he was a threat. Was getting a lot of stick around me for being greedy, but I couldn't care less.

Subs Dudfield 9 - awesome display, probably his best yet in a Southend shirt. He must have beaten his man every time.

Flavs 7 - Flapped a couple of times and we very nearly paid for it, but come the final whistle he'd kept a clean sheet

Wilson 6.5 - Some crunching tackles and good covering, but occasionally reverted to running away from their players

Barrett 9 - I hope that this man ends his career with us. Another immense performance, killing a lot of Lincoln's most promising moves with great tackling and did well in the air given that he's not all that tall for a centre-back

Prior 8 - He and Barrett complemented each other well. Spinner dominated in the air and showed good composure on the ball to stop us from plaing Lincoln's game.

Jupp 8 - Solid in defense and overlapped well to compensate for Petts' tendancy to cut in. A well taken goal too - Fredy must have spotted the 7,000 people all pointing at Jupp and screaming

Nicolau 7 - Gave us better balance than we've had on our previous two visits and allowed us to use the full width of the pitch. Another hard worker and won some good headers for a man of his size.

Maher 8 - Got better as the game went on. He wasn't quite at the races first half but in the second and extra-time he was instrumental in getting the ball down and allowing us to show our superiority over the hoofball merchants.

Bentley 9 - Must have covered every blade on the pitch. Made some great challenges running back to thwart dangerous looking attacks and of course there was the goal-line clearance. One of Tilly's very best signings.

Petts 7 - Petts was Petts, hard working but limited. It wasn't such an issue with Jupp overlapping anyway.

Eastwood 8.5 - Maybe a tad low for someone who scored one and made one, but he was wasteful at times when he was trying to do it all himself. All in all though he was at the heart of most of our best attacks.

Gray 6.5 - The usual good effort, but lacked support in the first half as we often sat too deep.

Subs:

Dudfield 7.5 - Exactly what we needed after going ahead. Intelligent first touches, got past his man on several occasions and gave us a great outlet on the break.

Edwards / Gower - Had no time to make an impact, so it's not really fair to give them marks.

Maher 11 out of 10 everyone else 9
biggrin.gif

Back