• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ratings thread

Andyhsufc

Director
Here we go -

Flavs - 7 - Not a lot to do, made one sharp save. No chance with goal
Francis - 7 - Bit quieter than of late todsay but made one vital tackle in the 2nd half (?).
Clarke/ Barrett - 7 - Solid if not spectacular. Adepieyo gave them problems all afternoon
Mulgrew - 8 - Best player on the park for me. Got forward a lot, found space and set up the goal in essence
Black - 6 - Grant for me next week. He looks like gower when he hasnt got any confidence
Macca - 6.5 - Not a great game at all. Gave the ball away a bit too much but was still his usual energetic self despite this
Bails - 7 - Worked his usual hard self and tracked back well. HAd a couple of reasonable long range efforts
Gower - 7.5 - Very energetic and always wanted the ball. Put in a few good crosses.
Barney - 7.5 - Thought he was excellent at times in the 2nd half. Put in some v.good crosses and scored a right poachers goal. He could be some player for us
Walker - 6 - Didn't happen for him today. had a great chance in 2nd half which I feel Barney would have put away easily. Still a young player though

Revell - 7 - Thought he did well upfront when he came on and gave us something a bit difference. Similalr player to Harrold but actually wins most of the headers he goes up for

Reasonable ratings there except for walker who seems to have the touch of a rapist. Looked poor against crewe last week and worse this. Late in the game he was put clean through then by the time he had any sort of control of the ball it was too late to shoot. And whats the grandad vest and gloves all about?

Reasonable ratings there except for walker who seems to have the touch of a rapist. Looked poor against crewe last week and worse this. Late in the game he was put clean through then by the time he had any sort of control of the ball it was too late to shoot. And whats the grandad vest and gloves all about?

And the white socks!

Flavs - 7.5
Francis - 7.5
Mulgrew - 7.5
Clarke - 6.5
Barrett - 8
Gower - 7
Black - 6
Bailey - 8
McCormack - 8
Walker - 6
Barnard - 8.5

I felt Mulgrew was our best player today. Most of the rest had a good enough game but there just didn't seem to be the fluidity of recent matches. Akinfenwa caused lots of bother for Barrett and Clarke but it was good humoured. Walker seemd a bit naive in some of his play and Black was pretty ineffective. Personally I'd have brought Grant on for him rather than Revell.

Mulgrew was motm imo puts in a fantastic cross was unlucky not to score when Barney put in the re-bound, he's due a goal before the end of the season hopefully it comes next week.

Walker was far from his best today when he was put through towards the end anybody but Walker would of Burried it, just wasn't his day.

Flavs - 6 - Not alot to do
Francis - 8 - Great came and had to cover for Black alot
Mulgrew - 8 - Supported Gower very well. Stevie who?
Clarke - 7 - Done ok
Barrett - 7 - as above
Gower - 7 Looked very good today but maybe needs to release it quicker
Black - 4 - Confidence player playing with very little confidence
Bailey - 7 - Looked good as always
McCormack - 5 - Doesn't hide but passing was way off at times.
Walker - 6 - Poor first touch but full of running i guess.
Barnard - 7 - Got the goal like a true goal poacher

flavs - 7 some good saves but not much to do

francis - 8 left in the **** again by black all game long which must be really winding him up. made his job a lot harder but done very well again.

clarke - 7 done his job

barrett - 7 done his job

mulgrew - 8 great couple of free-kicks and again looks much more confident

black - 5.5 terrible game, giving ball away left right and centre. should have shot on a few occassions and left francis on his own all game. got a bollocking from macca and clarkey.

bailey - 7 touch of class, thought he had to stay on his feet to avoid yellow card

macca - 7 gave the ball away a few times but his work effort is brilliant and really worked for the team.

gower - 8.5 wanted the ball all day long, ran at players and put some decent balls in the box.

walker - 6 such a bad first touch, let him down time after time, miss control at the end was horrible to watch. did work hard though

barnard - 7 fox in the box and got a nice little tap in. should have had another but worked hard. looked frustraited at times but did well.

ref - disgraceful in the first half and liked having a laugh when we got all ****ed off. had a very good view of a lot of mistakes he made and how he missed them was terrible. one of the worst refs this season. ****er.

Fluidity [lack of]

I felt Mulgrew was our best player today. Most of the rest had a good enough game but there just didn't seem to be the fluidity of recent matches. Akinfenwa caused lots of bother for Barrett and Clarke but it was good humoured. Walker seemd a bit naive in some of his play and Black was pretty ineffective. Personally I'd have brought Grant on for him rather than Revell.

Lack of cohesion a little to-day, that was also my take.

We should bury a team like Northampton. With a little luck we would have done.

Would have man marked there overweight centre half with one of our strikers in the last 20 mins as he was ripe for turning and in hindsight Revell from 1/2 time might have been a good option. 3 strikers for longer when we are behind ?

Then again maybe T & B are content with 6th place so that we meet the 3rd place finishers. Rather play the stronger team from season in the semis [prob Carlilse or Donny] and Weeds or Notts Forest in final.

Then again Weeds have really been 2nd best in div taking into account their points deduction so effectively meeting them in final would be one hell of a game if the match at RHwas anything to go by.

Could be that we have two trips to Carlisle up coming, so 1400 miles or so onto the clocks for round trips x 2 ? Next Sat could therefore be the dress rehearsal for the real thing and should tell us a lot.

Suggest T & B get someone to video from the stands the whole 90 mins for intelligence/recognaissance purposes.

francis - 8 left in the **** again by black all game long which must be really winding him up. made his job a lot harder but done very well again.
too true i believe..
wouldn't mind seeing moose in the spot next week, black hasn't done much in the last few weeks to be honest

ref - disgraceful in the first half and liked having a laugh when we got all ****ed off. had a very good view of a lot of mistakes he made and how he missed them was terrible. one of the worst refs this season. ****er.

So, what are you whinging about?

The shoulder to shoulder on Francis? Never in a month of Sundays. If that had been given against us we'd be up in arms. Or the foul by Bailey immediately afterwards, which was a foul.

The penalty to Northampton in the first half he waved away? Seen them given.

What a lot of you need to do is read what the Laws say as opposed to what you think they say (or what Andy Grays says they say). I listened to some of the comments shouted at him today (and his assistant) and had to restrain myself from openly laughing.

Knowing this ref's history and liking of a card, I was expecting a lot worse. His performance was what I would expect from this level of football - I've seen a lot worse this season.

As for marks.

Rant Over

Then again maybe T & B are content with 6th place so that we meet the 3rd place finishers. Rather play the stronger team from season in the semis [prob Carlilse or Donny] and Weeds or Notts Forest in final.

Suggest T & B get someone to video from the stands the whole 90 mins for intelligence/recognaissance purposes.

Sorry don't understand your logic, surely the team that finishes third is the strongest based on the league position. Forest & Leeds are so called "bigger" clubs.

I think you will find that all games are taped, they certainly are broadcast on Blues World.

Sorry don't understand your logic, surely the team that finishes third is the strongest based on the league position. Forest & Leeds are so called "bigger" clubs.

I think you will find that all games are taped, they certainly are broadcast on Blues World.

Adding back 15pts, would put Weeds in effective 2nd, so realistically they should be considered best team in division, bar Swansea.

Did not know about boadcasts, but I would have more than offcial camera, one each at least trained on their key players, for the duration.

In depth homework.

Flavs - 7
Francis - 7.5
Mulgrew - 7.5
Clarke - 7
Barrett - 7
Gower - 6
Black - 6
Bailey - 7
McCormack - 7
Walker - 6.5
Barnard - 8

Subs:
Revell - 7

:stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

Flavs - 6.5
Francis - 7.5
Barrett - 7.5
Clarke - 7
Mulgrew - 8
Gower - 7
Bailey - 8
McCormack - 7
Black - 6
Walker - 5 (I'm a big fan but he had a shocker yesterday)
Barnard -8

Flavs - 7
Francis - 7
Clarke - 7
Barrett - 7
Mulgrew - 8
Black - 6
Macca - 7
Bailey - 7
Gower - 8
Walker - 6
Barnard - 7

Revell - 6

Flavs - 7
Francis - 7.5
Mulgrew - 7.5
Clarke - 6
Barrett - 7
Gower - 7
Black - 5
Bailey - 7
McCormack - 7
Walker - 6
Barnard - 8

Subs:
Revell - 7

Ref - 4

Tilson 5 should have made substituted earlier after we had scored GRant for Black and Revell for Walker.
Clarke needs to learn to pass to players not open spaces.

Back