• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Re-arranged Games - possible dates?

WestyReturns

Striker
Anyone in the know on when the cancelled games will likely be re-arranged and what dates? Expect they'll be Tuesday nights.

I've been trying to work it out and so looked at Tuesday nights for all 3 teams.

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 22.06.50.png

My guess is we'll play Altrincham at home on 27th February, Wealdstone at home on 5th March (my birthday!) and Wealdstone away on 19th March

All that depends on whether they are also trying to fit in other rearranged games as well though.

I've been trying to work it out and so looked at Tuesday nights for all 3 teams.

View attachment 30827

My guess is we'll play Altrincham at home on 27th February, Wealdstone at home on 5th March (my birthday!) and Wealdstone away on 19th March

All that depends on whether they are also trying to fit in other rearranged games as well though.
Not sure we will play on the 19th March as that is England C International game v Wales.
We are bound to have a player selected for that.
There is never usually any NL games scheduled when that is on.

Not sure we will play on the 19th March as that is England C International game v Wales.
Thanks - didn't know about that

Shame 5th of march would give us 3 home games in 8 days. Opportunity for the consort to offer 3 for 2 deal. Boost the numbers for two under lights games with Daggers in-between.

View attachment 30827

Wealdstone are still in the FA Trophy, potentially will give them more games to fit in.

View attachment 30827

Altrincham’s game on the 30th is a Cheshire Senior Cup match. Surely they won’t be sending their first team to that? Would make sense to rearrange to then, it not too short notice.

I wonder whther there could be an advantage in playing Alty towards the end of the season - eg Tuesday before the last match v Rochdale? They may have already secured their play-off place by then and if they've had a hectic schedule due to various postponements will be looking to rest key players

View attachment 30827

You can remove 23rd and 30th April as the season must end on 20 April as the play off final is on May 4th .

Altrincham’s game on the 30th is a Cheshire Senior Cup match. Surely they won’t be sending their first team to that? Would make sense to rearrange to then, it not too short notice.
I did wonder about that, but it’s on their website as a first team fixture. I guess it depends how big their squad is and how many fringe players they would want to bring to an away game just in case someone gets injured in the warm up.

I wonder whther there could be an advantage in playing Alty towards the end of the season - eg Tuesday before the last match v Rochdale? They may have already secured their play-off place by then and if they've had a hectic schedule due to various postponements will be looking to rest key players
The League will, quite rightly, not agree to that if there are alternatives.

The League will, quite rightly, not agree to that if there are alternatives.

Fair enough. On the other hand, imagine if there were two places up for grabs in the play-offs and it was between us, Alty and Rochdale. Could be an exciting end to the season! Bumper crowds/ TV audiences.

Looks like Wealdstone at home is Tuesday 5th March.

No idea when the away game will be. Doubt it will be the International week which is Tuesday 19th March as we are both bound to have a player selected.
Tuesday 26th before Easter possible but we play on Good Friday so maybe not.
Won't be the following week either.

Looks like Wealdstone at home is Tuesday 5th March.

No idea when the away game will be. Doubt it will be the International week which is Tuesday 19th March as we are both bound to have a player selected.
Tuesday 26th before Easter possible but we play on Good Friday so maybe not.
Won't be the following week either.
The National League are not permitting any games to be played in the week of the England C game. Even in the South and North divisions and even on an alternative evening, ie Monday.

Back