• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reasons for low Southend Turn-out at Cardiff

Reasons for low Southend Turn-out at Cardiff -

• The extortionate cost of tickets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cardiff has lost its novelty value

• It's a bank holiday weekend and there are other commitments

• The game is on Sky

• The proliferation of plastic airhorns

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • We always lose in Cardiff

• I'm not going as I am Kevin Maher's brother's new best-man

• Total voters
I don't think the reason that the game is on Sky is a very good one. The finals at Cardiff are always on Sky, never stopped us making the trips before. For me, it's a combination of Bank Holiday Weekend and the fact funds are low for me at the moment, being one of those lazy students.

For me it's a number of factors, not necessarily in any particular order, but:

cost
wife
kids
job
family/friends also not going
disappointment last two times
previous number of times putting SUFC first rather than any of the above

how about the bandwagon brigade who have started to support us since xmas which co-incided with our good run were peed off we didnt get automatic promotion so now wont go but watch it on sky instead

Oh dear, just called the ticket office only sold as of 13.05 today 5,300.

sorry fellow shrimpers this is shameful.
sad.gif
sad.gif

Agreed an absoloute disgrace, for a town which has a population of something like 170,000+ to take less than 10,000 for the biggest game in the clubs history, just shows the apathy this towns floaters have for our team.

This isnt a dig at the people who genuinely cant afford it, or cant go etc etc... thats fair enough, have no problems with that......this is to the people who arent going because they "cant be bothered to go all that way to see us lose again"....

You are a joke.

mad.gif

For the majority of people it seems to be the cost that means people can't go. Up to £48 a ticket, cost of petrol or train tickets or Trust Coach tickets. Drink, food, programme.

Then the two hours spent in a traffic jam aren't appealing to some people as well.

I don't care how many we take, as long as we win. I'm still confident of a 10,000 turn out from the Shrimpers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 27 2005,13:43)]Then the two hours spent in a traffic jam aren't appealing to some people as well.
Can't see that bit applying actually.

cost? we've got no football for a couple of months now? Its the end of the season and there's bugger all happening until the friendlies. Can't fathom the cost excuse and i'm more skint than most after what i've paid out for this month, holiday and seaon ticket.
I hope we win and Barret et al dedicates it to those who went
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

( I suppose one of the famous swansea 18 or was it 30 or was it 55~I've met about 60 of them so far ! ~will comment hoe he cant go Saturday but was there that night when...etc)

I just got my ticket the guy in the office said we had sold 5360. It could be very embarrassing tomorrow. Still thsoe of us going lets make as much noise as we can to make up for the stay aways.

Back