• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recently

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
Things have drastically improved for the blue boys recently, after a patchy middle of the season.

I have been impressed with the teams ability to get good results without actually playing that well IMO. I dont think we have seen this teams potential peek yet. And I dont know if we will for the rest of the season.

But aslong as we grind out results all the way to the last minute of the play off final- I wont be complaining.

The best player recently for me has been the rise of Francis who has capped a run of decent results with a somewhat flukey goal against Swindon.

Walsall at home is a massive game. A win and we are in pole position to finish in the play offs.

Whether we win the play offs I cannot make up my mind, I feel Forest could be too strong.

However as long as we keep battling away, grinding out results and showing the fighting spirit needed- We can go up.

UTB!

Good post, I don't think there is anything to fear in the play offs. Forest didnt really impress me that much hen we played them recently.
We have shown an ability to grind out results recently which should bode well for the play offs.
We really had to grind out results in the play offs three years ago hopefully we can do it again.

It's been such a strange season. Almost four seasons in one...erm....season. There was the pre-Clarke era where our rampant midfield determined our chances, the Clarke era where Leon dropped in scored nine and promptly left, the barren spell where we dropped from the top few to midtable and the renaissance of late where we should be equipped to play the best football but more importantly we're defending well.

We shouldn't even really be in with a shout with all the chopping and changing but we are and perhaps more importantly, we have several first teamers who have a lot to prove even at this late stage of the season.

Looking forward to it.

Incidentally, beat Walsall and I think we're in spitting distance of reaching the playoffs. Depends if anyone comes storming out of the pack behind us late on.

It has certainly been a roller coaster of a season, comprising of key personnell shifts and loss/gain of form. Simon Francis at the moment typifies this, I was firmly of the opinion that he was going to be another nearly man, but his form of late has shown he can play well consistently and really contribute to the team, peter clarke............what the fuk.....he was fast turning into my least favourite player, IMO he was a liability but again he has shown how good he can be of late, the settling of a quality strike force Walker/Barnard/Kanu, the emergence of nicky bailey as possibly the best midfielder in this division, play offs very possible now I think we just need to win our home games to ensure this.

Yeah, real rollercoaster of a season, and fully agree on the '4 seasons in 1' post. Been an enjoyable season, disappointments aside. A real transitional season. At the start we had a squad which would have done well but then some of the players, JCR, Fred, Sodge, Bradders, all left and it wasn't looking so good. But I think that, after a lot of toil in the transfer market, Tilly has finally got a very good squad together, and if they had been together all the way through pre-season and had more time to gel, I really think we'd be RIGHT up there this season.

Whether we stay down or go up, the core of this new team plus some experienced heads and a bit of strengthening here and there (moves in the summer based on what league we're in), could do really well. Francis, AB, Clarkey, Macca, Bailey, Walker, Barney and Revell will all be important next season, possibly Black too. I'd like to see some use of our quality youngsters too, although we have a better chance of seeing this if we stay down.

Back