• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Record Achieved at the Hall

The Watermill Wino

Coach Guru⭐
Freddy Eastwood's first goal was officially timed at 6.7 seconds. This was the fastest ever debut goal in professional football.

Well done Freddy. Tilly, sign him up.

You should know better by now. There has always been a problem with figures at Southend, perhaps.
tounge.gif

Sky Sports News was my source and we timed it on there as well and it was just under 7 seconds from kicking off to the ball crossing the line, 7.7 seconds may include whistle or ball hitting the net. Anyway, let's not split hairs over a second but it was bloody quick regardless.

Its got to be the fastest goal I have seen at southend in 40 years of watching southend united .And yes get your cheque book out RON MARTIN .

But is it the fastest ever goal scored by a Southend player?

obviosuly there are a lot of games way way back where you'd never know. But what about all the games with full records?

any goal faster by a Southend player than 6.7 seconds?

It states on the main site that Eastwood,s goal is 2 seconds faster than the previous record scored by SAM McCRORY IN the 1950,s .So he is now the record holder .

Breathtaking! I nearly swore as the ball flew into the net after 7 secs. Beeen going to football games for 35 years & I doubt I'll ever see a quicker goal. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The goal is officially timed from the referee's whistle, as this is when the game started, therefore the timing of 7.7 seconds is the one to be recorded. It's the fastest goal I have ever seen and won't be beaten for a very long time!

Sign the lad up!
cool.gif

It is definitely the quickest goal I have never seen. (As I heard the roar from Safeway behind the south bank!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keir_smith @ Oct. 17 2004,01:28)]there is no way in hell there were less than 5,500 at least at roots hall today. to say 4,900 was just stupid
I have to say I think the crowd was pretty accurate. There were very few from Swansea there, they were just quite wll spread out.

In fact, I was very disappointed in the Swansea turn out given they were top of the table, a couple of hundred is a bit of an insult to their team.

It was also good to lay to rest the demon that was Tony Thomas's goal against us for Tranmere on New Years Day 1991.

We had travelled up on the coach, with stinking hangovers. I think we were top of the league so had expectation. Then Thomas goes and scores after just EIGHT seconds!!!

Angell equalised but we ending up losing 3-1!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Turpinator @ Oct. 18 2004,14:55)]It was also good to lay to rest the demon that was Tony Thomas's goal against us for Tranmere on New Years Day 1991.

We had travelled up on the coach, with stinking hangovers. I think we were top of the league so had expectation. Then Thomas goes and scores after just EIGHT seconds!!!

Angell equalised but we ending up losing 3-1!!!
I remember that trip well (unfortunately for that goal as well), great start to the new year that was.
I boarded the coach and an ungodly hour having had 2.5hours sleep and was in a trance all day !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Oct. 18 2004,14:43)]In fact, I was very disappointed in the Swansea turn out given they were top of the table,  a couple of hundred is a bit of an insult to their team.
So how many do you reckon would go to Swansea should we we be top of the table?

The radio gave the number of Swans as 450ish which is not great but about the number I reckon we would take to Swansea if the situation were reversed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Oct. 18 2004,16:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Oct. 18 2004,14:43)]In fact, I was very disappointed in the Swansea turn out given they were top of the table, a couple of hundred is a bit of an insult to their team.
So how many do you reckon would go to Swansea should we we be top of the table?

The radio gave the number of Swans as 450ish which is not great but about the number I reckon we would take to Swansea if the situation were reversed.
More like 250 tops, and i think if we were top we would take more than that.
Everybody knows you get a lovely welcome in Swansea.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Back