• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Red Bull style drinks - do they work?

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I arrived in Canary Wharf around 7:20 feeling tired and rough so I nipped into Tesco and bought 4 cans of 'own brand' Red Bull at the bargain price of 25p per can.

I necked two cans before my Sugar Puffs and one hour later I have to say I can't feel the benefit.

Does this stuff actually work or am I paying the price for going own brand?

I always try to avoid it Cyril in case it does work and you reach the stage where you have to have it.

Men's Health ran an experiment on these energy drinks to find out if they work and which one was more effective.

They basically found that the home-brand ones were pretty rubbish, they're poor copies of the original drinks that actually have a bit of science behind them. The best one turned out to be Relentless, by some margin I think, but they did say not to have more than one per day for the benefit of your stomach.

To be honest, If I was you I'd probably just sprinkle some Columbian on my Sugar Puffs, you'll be buzzing in a matter of moments.

I have read the can and it says:

'Kx has been formulated to give you the kick you need to reach your peak'

That sounds like the real deal to me because with most other own brand goods supermarkets don't bother with slogans on the packaging. It's almost as if they are admitting that you are buying snide goods.

Interestingly enough I have noticed that own brand 'Nice' and 'Bourbon' biscuits have 'Nice' or 'Bourbon' written on them but own brand Rich Tea/Digestives do not.

I wonder if this is because Nice and Bourbon are place names and possibly cannot be copyrighted?

Surely Red Bull and their ilk are just stuffed full of sugar & caffeine and give a temporary "rush" while eventually leaving you feeling more drained than ever.

And Nice biscuits....pronounced "Neece" (as the French city) or plain Nice (as in a nice cup of tea?).... discuss!*

* no don't.

Do use Relentless myself (and hvae had 2 in a day ) , but you do build up a tolerance quickly to it (well i did ) so i just have it as a soft drink alternative now ;)

But for a buzz and a few hours it works (drove back from Bristol once in about 3 1/2 on one can (at 1am in the morning )

Men's Health ran an experiment on these energy drinks to find out if they work and which one was more effective.

They basically found that the home-brand ones were pretty rubbish, they're poor copies of the original drinks that actually have a bit of science behind them. The best one turned out to be Relentless, by some margin I think, but they did say not to have more than one per day for the benefit of your stomach.

To be honest, If I was you I'd probably just sprinkle some Columbian on my Sugar Puffs, you'll be buzzing in a matter of moments.

Prefer a proper line to a sprinkle to be honest to get the job done.

plus at TEsco's is about 1:05-115

Which is out of my budget,

I don't go over a quid for soft drinks and tend to go for obscure drinks from newsagents.

Matotaki used to be a big favourite of mine back in the 80's but I am currently into KA Carribean Cola.

Only sugar contains more sugar.

too much red bull gives you the ***** and a godawful hangover

relentless is brilliant stuff if you are pulling an allnighter

too much red bull gives you the ***** and a godawful hangover

relentless is brilliant stuff if you are pulling an allnighter

True true. Is there a more sustained, nauseous agony than the Tequila, Vodka and Red Bull hangover? The Red Bull forces you to wake up bolt upright 3.5 hours after going to bed, so no chance of sleeping it off and just as you conquer the booze the taurine kicks leaving you feeling like you've spent the night in Barrymore's swimming pool. You've got off lightly if you feel anything approaching "normal" two days later.....arrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Back