• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref watch - Luton

Mick

Life President
After the plethora of novices and rank beginners, some of whom have been better than others, we have been appointed an experienced journeyman referee in Graham Salisbury. He's been refereeing for a while but Southend have not seen much of him. Just that game at Grimsby.

Has been fairly steady when I've seen him but he's shown a harsh red card in each of his last two matches. (Got it out of his system ... or going for the hat-trick ??).

Not usually a "homer", anyway.

Can't be worse than the referee we had the last time I ventured to Kenilworth Road. Joe Ross I seem to remember; sent Mark Rawle off after about 20mins for feck all.

Didn't we think it was feck all at the time but on the replay you could see that he deserved to go?

I don't know, I try to block that game out of my mind. I vowed never to go back to Luton after that.

After the plethora of novices and rank beginners, some of whom have been better than others, we have been appointed an experienced journeyman referee in Graham Salisbury. He's been refereeing for a while but Southend have not seen much of him. Just that game at Grimsby.

Has been fairly steady when I've seen him but he's shown a harsh red card in each of his last two matches. (Got it out of his system ... or going for the hat-trick ??).

Not usually a "homer", anyway.

Nice to see us get an experienced ref! :p

Now we just need to get a result. Our last League win at Luton was as recently as 1964. We'd lost there in the Cup a fortnight earlier.

I thought there might be some daunting statistic like that. I've only been there once, and that was to witness Freddy hit the post in the last minute when it seemed easier to score :(

I don't know, I try to block that game out of my mind. I vowed never to go back to Luton after that.

God that was an awful day. Quite why I'm choosing that hell-hole as the venue for my first game in a month I don't know :(

Didn't we think it was feck all at the time but on the replay you could see that he deserved to go?

Similar story with me actually. That was a horrible game. For me it's a fairly straightforward journey to Luton - either a few junctions down the M1 or a train from Cricklewood station - and yet I have very little desire to go. Need to save money for Christmas presents anyway.

Back