• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
I promised you largely non-intervention refereeing from Grant Hegley on Tuesday and that's pretty much what we got. He didn't get everything right but he let the players get on with it with the minimum of input from him which worked well.

Can't promise you the same for Saturday though with dead-eye Darren Deadman from Cheshunt in charge of proceedings. Not yet completed his third year on the League list he has amassed 327 yellow cards and 25 reds from just 90 matches. Looks like he wants to get noticed.

Nicky Bailey will find this last match he needs to negotiate one of the trickiest.

Refereed us 3 times before. Last season at home to Preston (0-0 6 yellows) and the year before at home to Swansea (1-2 7 yellows). He also did our 4-3 away win at Chesterfield that year when he sent off their defender for being unwittingly struck by the ball some way from goal.

Saw him at Dagenham earlier this season and apart from 5 largely unnecessary cards his refereeing wasn't too bad.

His assistants tomorrow will be Simon Long from Suffolk and Ole Saliy from a little further afield (the Ukraine!).

It might not be the worst thing if Bailey does get a yellow as long as we win as he will then miss 2 fairly meaningless games.

It might not be the worst thing if Bailey does get a yellow as long as we win as he will then miss 2 fairly meaningless games.

Meaningless ??? I'd rather not be playing Leeds or Forest away in the second leg thank you !!!

I've run a line to Oliksander (to give him his full name) Soley.

Not overly impressed....

it's Oleksandr (to give him his full name properly) Saliy

... what was the problem? language barrier ? He was quite a senior official in the Ukraine ... honest.

I don't think that any of the remaining games can be classified as meaningless, and the last thing we want is players such as Bailey or Macca (two of our more "enthusiastic" players) having any mad moments and missing out because of indiscipline.

Hope the ref is ok tomorrow, and whilst i don't like to moan about them, we have had some shockers this season so are due one.

I don't see any upside in Bailey playing tomorrow with this referee around and with us having far bigger games to come.

Come on Tilly, give Anthony Grant a start.

I don't see any upside in Bailey playing tomorrow with this referee around and with us having far bigger games to come.

Come on Tilly, give Anthony Grant a start.

Disagree, keep the momentum going; you can't pick a team based on the officials and if we were to lose this one and the two tricky away games a nervous finish could be on the cards. Strongest team and get those points on the board.

Back