• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Refree for next Tuesday is...

HHmmm. Sounds OK, no reds but a fair few yellows, and only three pens all season. He will therefore have a 'mare on Tuesday, hand out a brace of reds to the disbelieving and innocent Maher and Bart, and we will lose to the two subsequent dodgy pens, thereby obviating the necessity for the annual and time honoured ritual of poking the ball past our own keeper.

Im dissapointed by PGMO (Professional Game Match Officials) for appointing a referee that has only refereed 5 games on the Football League this year. I was really expecting a Select Group referee for a massive game like this a.l.a. Graham Barber vs Swansea (Home) last season.
I have nothing against Stroud but I'd rather have a ref that I know will be of real quality for a game like this.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Dec. 01 2004,23:02)]Im dissapointed by PGMO (Professional Game Match Officials) for appointing a referee that has only refereed 5 games on the Football League this year. I was really expecting a Select Group referee for a massive game like this a.l.a. Graham Barber vs Swansea (Home) last season.
I have nothing against Stroud but I'd rather have a ref that I know will be of real quality for a game like this.
Hardly massive. Fourth vs Eighth. Every season there are around 56 such matches in Div 2 and a Select Group official at each one is not realistic. (Anyway Graham Barber never refereed well when he dropped down, appearing to think we'd all come to see him.)

Orient-Southend games have no great history for problems on the pitch (cue mayhem!) - well not since the days of Paul Roberts.

His ratings actually look quite reasonable! I think we can almost guarantee Maher will get a booking though, as he seems to be quite free with handing out yellow cards.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Dec. 02 2004,00:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Dec. 01 2004,23:02)]Im dissapointed by PGMO (Professional Game Match Officials) for appointing a referee that has only refereed 5 games on the Football League this year. I was really expecting a Select Group referee for a massive game like this a.l.a. Graham Barber vs Swansea (Home) last season.
Hardly massive. Fourth vs Eighth. Every season there are around 56 such matches in Div 2 and a Select Group official at each one is not realistic. (Anyway Graham Barber never refereed well when he dropped down, appearing to think we'd all come to see him.)

Orient-Southend games have no great history for problems on the pitch (cue mayhem!) - well not since the days of Paul Roberts.
4th vs 8th.
Local(ish) derby
Possible crowd problems with supporters being in wrong sections with can often spill over onto the field of play.

Graham Barber was brilliant vs Swansea. He was on the spot of everything and clearly 'up for it.' Look at Matt Messias vs Northampton for a ref who wasn't 'up for it.'

[b said:
Apparently Pierluigi Collina was busy, he is said to be gutted at missing out on such a big game saying it would have been 'the highlight of my career'.

sad.gif

I've always thought that when we've had a 'top' ref do one of our games they have been poor. Maybe they are like first team players playing in the reserves and just go through the motions as in their eyes it's not a 'proper' game.

Talking of rate the ref, it is interesting, but not surprising, to see that Mick Fletcher's last 6 matches have ALL been statistically below average.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Dec. 02 2004,12:34)]I've always thought that when we've had a 'top' ref do one of our games they have been poor. Maybe they are like first team players playing in the reserves and just go through the motions as in their eyes it's not a 'proper' game.
- I think there is much truth in that.

We had Paul Durkin once, for one of our games. I thought he did really well. And we still won the game, I think
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Dec. 02 2004,12:49)]We had Paul Durkin once, for one of our games. I thought he did really well. And we still won the game, I think
smile.gif
thought it was paul alcock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ Dec. 02 2004,16:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Dec. 02 2004,12:49)]We had Paul Durkin once, for one of our games. I thought he did really well. And we still won the game, I think
smile.gif
thought it was paul alcock
Im sure it was Durkin, the ginger one.

It was against Mansfield a few seasons back if i remember correctly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ Dec. 02 2004,16:11)]If it's W.Toms, then yes.
Who?
rock.gif

The officials running the line are:
Jon Beadle (Kent) &
Alison Chapman (Berks) who is also a UEFA listed referee.

We did have Alcock for a game. Remember he sent off the keeper for two counts of dissent and the keeper proceeded to kick the ball in to the face of a samll boy sat in the crowd, breaking his jaw in the process.

Definitely a bad day at the office for the 'keeper. Think it was Cheltenham or Macc. Can't be sure which.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend Shrimp @ Dec. 02 2004,17:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ Dec. 02 2004,16:11)]If it's W.Toms, then yes.
Who?  
rock.gif

The officials running the line are:
Jon Beadle (Kent) &
Alison Chapman (Berks) who is also a UEFA listed referee.
Well, as he didn't give a name, the only female ref I knew of is Wendy Toms, so if the linesman had been listed as W.Toms, I was helping out.
smile.gif

Back