• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch Refwatch ......... Boreham Wood (H)

Mick

Life President
Here is the preantepenultimate refwatch of the season.

League matches against Boreham Wood have not been overly entertaining. Five matches resulting in three defeats, a win and a draw with neither team having scored more than one goal in any of them. In fact, our only goalscorer in seven and a half hours of football has been Jack Bridge.

Man in charge tomorrow is Alan Dale from Ipswich, now in his seventh season as a National League referee. In his early thirties, he previously worked for Suffolk FA for six years, initially as Referee Development Officer, before progressing to Senior Referee Development Officer and then Workforce Development Manager. He left at the end of March to join the England & Wales Cricket Board as Regional Officiating Development Officer and was appointed to the Suffolk FA Board as a Non-Executive Director. Prior to all that he worked for Suffolk County Council and before that Ipswich Town Community Trust in various sport related roles.

He took charge of 2021/22 home match against Wrexham and did rather well with just two yellows to them and co-incidentally was appointed to the same fixture last season. Unfortunately, there was a late change and a somewhat poorer referee did that one.

He then took charge of our impressive 3-0 win at Barnet back in November 2022. Just the one yellow card to Miley in that one, so all good again.

Finally, he took charge of the Trophy match against York last season. Both yellow cards (and both goals) to them.

He has refereed just 2 National League matches so far this season, presumably through injury, with 6 yellows no reds.

He returns to Essex just two days after refereeing the FA Vase semi-final Romford v Lincoln Utd at East Thurrock’s ground. Despite a very early red card for the home team, they came away with a creditable draw and I thought the referee got most things right.

The whole team has a decidedly East Anglian look to it with Assistants Andy Gray from Ipswich and Alexander Shipp from Claydon, just outside Ipswich. Paul Stratton from Havering does the Fourth Official stuff.

Great stuff as always Mick ... and a new word learnt Preantepenultimate. Must drop that into a conversation some time. Got to learn how to say it first though. I'll probably chicken out and say fourth from last. Oh and it also shows you've given up on our play off hopes, surprise, surprise!

Great stuff as always Mick ... and a new word learnt Preantepenultimate. Must drop that into a conversation some time. Got to learn how to say it first though. I'll probably chicken out and say fourth from last. Oh and it also shows you've given up on our play off hopes, surprise, surprise!

Of course I have, play off hopes went for me when we dropped 10 points whilst winning 8 and so many people were extolling the virtue of our long unbeaten run which had limited intrinsic value with so many draws.

Remaining ambitions are to help send Boreham Wood down and to finish within 10 points of the playoffs.

Surprised he allowed Borehamwood to play in those colours. I had problems distinguishing the teams on occasions, perhaps it was just my eyesight.

Back